Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Or if they suspect someone is using a fradulent prescription to obtain drugs? I mean, they aren't obligated to report it, right?

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
Im sure that ONLY happened because it was in Texas, in Ma the administration are afraid of there own shadow, remember Texas is now letting teachers arm themselves in schools...thank god for a few sane states..

·
Subscribing Member
2,134 Posts
According to police, Martinez acknowledged buying the Social Security card for $110 at a Wal-Mart. She also had a second Social Security card and two counterfeit cards stating she was a legal permanent resident. Martinez initially planned to fight the state charge, but after being held in jail for nearly three weeks, she agreed to be deported to Mexico in August. Her son later joined her in Mexico.
"She told me to please forgive her. She told me she wasn't strong enough to fight," said Martinez' 19-year-old daughter, who spoke on condition of anonymity because she also is in the United States illegally.
What is there to "fight"? You chose to break the law multiple times AND dragged your family into it, too.

What makes Martinez' case stand out is that employers aren't required to report someone suspected of a crime, attorneys say. They also aren't mandated to report a worker or applicant suspected of being in the U.S. illegally, say immigration attorneys and enforcement officials. "For an employer to go ahead and take it upon themselves ... to report that is unusual," said immigration attorney Kathleen Walker. "There's no obligation on my part to go call law enforcement."
Just like there is no "obligation" on my neighbors' part to call law enforcement when they see someone breaking into my house. Fortunately, there are plenty of good people out there who contact law enforcement to report l-a-w b-r-e-a-k-e-r-s. Every day, there are people like Ms. Martinez "breaking into" our house - the United States. It's about time more people started "reporting". Furthermore, Ms. Martinez was not reported for being here illegally, she was committing additional fraud, repeatedly.

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
Let the supporters of illegal immigration lend their IDs to aliens in need of documents. When their credit and reputation are decimated, maybe they'll sing a different tune. In English even.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts