Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if there are any classes offered specifically for police honor guards or honor guards in general? My department finally has gotten an honor guard together and I'd like us to do things the honorable and correct way so we don't look like a bunch of fools.

G

·
Yes, it's called the United States Armed Forces. See your recruiter for more info. :p

All kidding aside, the local VFW or American Legion post would probably be thrilled to train your people in proper military etiquette.

·
Subscribing Member
1,198 Posts
A helpfull reference would be US Army Manual FM 3-21.5, Drill and Ceremonies. If you PM me with an e-mail address I can send it to you.
(10 Megabytes)

I know that the Mass National Guard Honor Guard Team train on Monday nights at the Dorchester Armory. You could call there and inquire if you could sit in on the training. They are a highly trained and motivated when it comes to Honor Guard activites.

G

·
I know that the Mass National Guard Honor Guard Team train on Monday nights at the Dorchester Armory. You could call there and inquire if you could sit in on the training. They are a highly trained and motivated when it comes to Honor Guard activites.
A bit of a drive from Bristol County, don't you think? :p

·
Registered
779 Posts
They are a highly trained and motivated when it comes to Honor Guard activites.

We can see how highly motivated they are to train huh....

·
Registered
884 Posts
I believe Quantico still offers drill training to law enforcement. I know at least one department that has gone down there for one week for their honor guard training. http://www.quantico.usmc.mil/#activities

·
Subscribing Member
996 Posts
Briston County, how close to Taunton - The 399th Combat Support Hospital drills in Taunton, I am sure if you stop by there on a week-end drill and explain your situation you will find a young motivated NCO that would be willing to help.

Are there any prior service folks on yoru dept -

G

·
When I was part of the team we traveled to 8th and I. It was a good week. Long days though. Firing party, funeral detail, etc... Even saw the guys run a detail at Arlington. Had great seats for their Friday night activities and the Iwo Memorial.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts