Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
Need some law enforcement expertise in a somewhat tricky situation. My neighborhood has been blessed with an ex-con that was tossed out by his girlfriend and is now considered homeless. He has been arrested 5 times since July 1st for various offenses ranging from drunken & disorderly to attempted assault with a deadly weapon. Can a "no trespass" order be issued protecting an entire neighborhood from a violent (now) homeless person?

Thanks so much,
UndercoverMother

·
Always entertained
2,550 Posts
Have you seen "This Old Box" it's a spin off from "This Old House" Thay have solutions for these type of problems.

G

·
Break into his refrigerator box and rearrange all his furniture.
Koz, refrigerator boxes are so passe for the residentially challenged; they now think outside the box, and the new paradigm is to get stinking drunk, lie down on a sidewalk, and wait for us to drag them away to sleep it off. Who needs a box when you can have an air-conditioned jail cell?

The really slick ones fake chest pains so they get a nice ambulance ride (paid for by us) and an emergency room visit (paid for by us) so they can sleep on a hospital bed instead of a metal bench.

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
Bruce - remind me please, why are we on the other side of that paradigm?
60+ hours a week, $4.25+ gas, a jagoff boss (not that your unacquainted with that), food and utility prices rising disproportionately with income, why not just chuck it all and live off the public tit.... IT APPARENTLY WORKS MAN!!
You gotta wonder my man.... But then again again, if it weren't for us, who the hell would fund the man-of-leisure, layabout lifestyles....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice but with the cost of living what it is theses days refrigerator boxes are for the upper class...Who can afford appliances? Not sure if I could even afford the box. So this dirtball sleeps in the historical burial grounds or when he's really lucky... in the govt. subsidized apartment of a handicapped retired vet who deserves to drink and tends to be a loser magnet. I failed to mention in my first post that this dirtball has also been taken in for threatening to burn down the house of an 80 year old retired CIA agent (don't tell him I told you) in retaliation for reporting said dirtball for harassment. The next incident, he was arrested for trespassing when the idiot neighbor across the street from the ex-girlfriend who took him in changed his mind so Dirtball punched him in the hernia! And for the bonus factor, when arrested for trespassing and assault cried police brutality! Seriously, I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Any more suggestions and PLEASE don't say move! But as Delta said, not in so many words but what are his consequences for staying homeless and behaving badly? Three squares and a cot?

·
Registered
85 Posts
The really slick ones fake chest pains so they get a nice ambulance ride (paid for by us) and an emergency room visit (paid for by us) so they can sleep on a hospital bed instead of a metal bench.
you must work where passed out drunk doesn't equal auto-ER visit.

Sadly, I feed my family (and waste an education) transporting those bums.

·
Subscribing Member
5,135 Posts
Koz, refrigerator boxes are so passe for the residentially challenged; they now think outside the box, and the new paradigm is to get stinking drunk, lie down on a sidewalk, and wait for us to drag them away to sleep it off. Who needs a box when you can have an air-conditioned jail cell?

So here's my question to the Quincy PD. One of the places you can take a PC is a medical facility.

Once he/she is brought there, do you ever get called back to transport him to the jail several hours later?

G

·
So here's my question to the Quincy PD. One of the places you can take a PC is a medical facility.
I don't speak for the Quincy PD, but my personal opinion is that the health care system in this country is overloaded as it is. If I don't have to send a drunk to the hospital, then I don't. It takes me all of 5 minutes to write a PC report.

Once he/she is brought there, do you ever get called back to transport him to the jail several hours later?
Sometimes; it depends on why they went there. A head injury or legitimate cardiac incident, then no. A faker who is medically cleared within an hour, then yes. Physicians and nurses have better things to do than babysit drunks.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sometimes; it depends on why they went there. A head injury or legitimate cardiac incident, then no. A faker who is medically cleared within an hour, then yes. Physicians and nurses have better things to do than babysit drunks.
The standard at ED's is to release them (without calling police) as soon as they're able to walk on their own. (after they get a nap in a clean bed and a meal :rolleyes:)

The argument that sends most drunks to the ED instead of jail is that if you want to get really technical you can count alcohol intoxication as an overdose. :rolleyes:

The other argument is the possibility of aspiration of vomit leading to asphyxiation and so on.

Basically, one asshole died in the drunk tank and ruined it for everyone.

G

·
NoUnderwearWearingMother I very a VERY simple solution for you:

Take the guy in. This will help society in 2 ways. It takes the guy off the streets and keeps YOU off the internet !!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ohhhh Sniper, That's not very nice. Where's your hospitality??? As for keeping me off the internet... you have a better chance of seeing God on that one and after that ball stomping you have so nicely depicted, I can understand why you aren't feeling very charitable with your advice. But if I start taking in the homeless...you'll be the first. Ummm, who told you I didn't wear underwear? That was supposed to remain on the down low. You've just reminded me that I must bake something and bring it down to the station to thank my local Officers for not being asshats. We are lucky to have Officers who care around here. Some have become very good friends. I was actually directed to this site by an Officer friend who thought I'd love it Didn't think I'd get smacked down quite so soon...but whatever. I still think it's very entertaining and I'm not going anywhere. Sorry to disappoint you!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Now Sniper that wasn't very nice! Didn't your Mother ever teach you if you didn't have anything nice to say not to say anything at all?? Are you on leave from the Welcome Wagon? On keeping me off the internet, you have a better chance of seeing God. But when I decide to start taking in the homeless...you'll be the first. Funny thing, all the cops around here are fabulous...none of them Snipe. They appreciate citizens who help them out by being vigilant and not wasting their time with petty bullshit. They are good people who bust their asses and put themselves in harm's way on a daily basis to keep the rest of us safe. Lucky for me, they are far more hospitable than you. Jeez, everyone else was nice and extremely entertaining as well. Who lit your balls on fire and then stomped on them?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for that but I don't have a garage and while I usually don't discriminate when it comes to drinking buddies...I hate a guy that's all give and no take! I am always picking up the tab...Plus No pets allowed, kids are allergic! I appreciate the help...

G

·
UndercoverMother give Snipey a break, he's just realized this birthday doesn't increase his Tuesday Senior Citizen discounts.

As for the homeless dude, like stray dogs and teenagers, if you feed them they never leave.
I have been praying to "Buddha" all morning............ ;)

·
Registered
843 Posts
How the hell can you tresspass a person from a neighborhood? Its not like banning someone from a mall lady. If its public property ie not a private residential community such as a condo complex or apartment complex with private roads and enterances then its impossible to "tresspass" a person from your public neighborhood. Which, is paid for with public taxes to maintain the roads and side walks etc. I am sure there are local laws or ordinances for vagrancy on the books in the town which you reside. Or you could possibly issue a no tresspass to the homeless individual to stay off YOUR property. Also, If you have already addressed your concern with your local officers then why post here? If you addressed any of the concerns you have posted on here with your local PD then they probably have given you an answer.

Also, most homeless are mentally ill. Since he is an ex-con, its probably only a matter of time until he ends up violating anyway and gets sent back to the can.

By reading your posts it seems that your having more of a knee jerk reaction to having a homeless person in your neighborhood. I have news for you, EVERY community has a homeless popultion. Your stories seem exagerated and are not first person encounters. If all the assualts you said are true then he would have been incarcerated by now. Why dont you stop being the busy body of your town and let the people who have the problems report them to the police and you get back to baking cookies and reading star magazine.

G

·
PC's are great the homeless shelter has out reach workers who go out roam the city find passed out drunks call the police and we get to babysit them for 4-12 hours then the cycle starts again. God forgive that some one falls or dies in a cell it's paycheck time for the family. I don't want to sound cruel but some of these folks have been PC'ed hundreds of times. Sectioned many times they choose to live this way. I know alcoholism is a diease but, it's not the hospitals or the police's job to babysit these guys. God helps those that help themselves.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts