Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading the earlier thread about "impersonating a PO" and was reminded of some things I've told my girlfriend. I usually work nights, so we've worked out a sort of emergency plan if someone breaks into our place.

1. If she's not already in the bedroom, go in there and lock the door.
2. Dial 911 and explain the situation, stay on the line with dispatcher!
3. Get out the .38 revolver that I keep in our bedroom for emergencies, unlock the trigger lock and keep it ready. Stay away from the door. (I've taught her how to use it.)
4. When the police arrive, confirm it with the dispatcher and have the police slide their ID's under the door for her to confirm. Then and only then, hang up with the dispatcher, put the .38 away and open the door. Check for damage and missing property at that point.

I guess people could think I was being paranoid, but she has already a situation when we didn't live together when some drunk asshole kicked in the front door to her apartment building then began pounding on her door; obviously this scared the life out of her! It turned out that the idiot was at the wrong door and the local police department responded quickly and "dealt" the mope. My question is this; have other police officers out there worked out emergency scenarios with their significant others? How about situations when you're out and about? Just curious......

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have kinda the same training for my live-in fiance. The only difference is she now has her Class"A" LTC, a Benelli M1-Super 90 behind the bedroom door, and she knows how to use it :shock: !!!!!!!

·
Subscribing Member
383 Posts
I have taught the wife some emergency preparedness similar to those listed by Killjoy. Never thought about sliding their IDs under door; I'll have to remember that. I have also told her what to do and proper mannerisms if she were ever to get pulled over for a moving violation (no furtive movements, dome light on, keys on dash, etc.).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.