Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone going for an interview over the next couple days? I would say good luck but I don't know if I really mean it...........lol

:baby13:

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
Had mine today.

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
Thanks for the peptalk PoPo. You should be a motivational speaker.

·
Subscribing Member
4,342 Posts
I know a few guys that got on there a while ago and the last one in 2002. And all of them had the FT academy. It's a $35000 savings to them plus they don't have to wait six months till you graduate and another two years before you really learn the job. It's just realty people, non-civil service PDs hire who they want and with whatever qualifications they want. But good luck!

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
I appreciate the reply j809. I have been on the site for a while now, and read every single post imaginable about what it takes to get on the job. I know that it is hard. Does someone want to tell me that Santa Clause doesn't exist either? I prepare myself every day to offer more to the town than someone else can. The fact is that Holliston has been very fair and professional during the hiring process. If I don't make it through, I would try again if they were ever looking for another officer, because the town is great. I believe that persistence is a positive characteristic of most police officers, so if I have to 'waste gas'(according to popo) to get experience taking a test, or sitting through an oral board; then so be it. It shows that I have the initiative to be a great officer, and gives me that much more experience for the next opportunity. I believe in training for the inevitable opportunity that is out there rather than focus on the negative aspects of any process. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I believe that persistence is a positive characteristic of most police officers, so if I have to 'waste gas'(according to popo) to get experience taking a test, or sitting through an oral board; then so be it. It shows that I have the initiative to be a great officer, and gives me that much more experience for the next opportunity. I believe in training for the inevitable opportunity that is out there rather than focus on the negative aspects of any process. Thanks for the input.[/QUOTE]

WELL SAID

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
Yep, well said SRF13. With attitude like that, you will win more than you lose in life.
Stay Focused and Good Luck pal...

·
Registered
225 Posts
That's great, I am glad you are so motivated, but at the end of the day, the one with a FT academy certificate gets the job in Holliston. Good luck!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
srf13 said:
I appreciate the reply j809. I have been on the site for a while now, and read every single post imaginable about what it takes to get on the job. I know that it is hard. Does someone want to tell me that Santa Clause doesn't exist either? I prepare myself every day to offer more to the town than someone else can. The fact is that Holliston has been very fair and professional during the hiring process. If I don't make it through, I would try again if they were ever looking for another officer, because the town is great. I believe that persistence is a positive characteristic of most police officers, so if I have to 'waste gas'(according to popo) to get experience taking a test, or sitting through an oral board; then so be it. It shows that I have the initiative to be a great officer, and gives me that much more experience for the next opportunity. I believe in training for the inevitable opportunity that is out there rather than focus on the negative aspects of any process. Thanks for the input.
VERY WELL PUT.............COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER =D>

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.