Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Alien Member
17,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
High heels for babies: Cute or creepy?

Some people are getting a big kick out of an emerging fashion trend for babies - high heel crib shoes for girls too young to walk. Others are certain it's yet another sign that the republic really is going to perdition in a handbasket.
The latest rage for the preverbal set is the creation of two Seattle moms, Britta Bacon and Hayden Porter. Friends since childhood, the two were taking Bacon's daughter, Kayla, to a party for her fourth birthday when they started reminiscing about when Kayla was an infant.
Porter, who admits to being obsessed with shoes, found herself thinking how hilarious it would have been if Kayla had had high heels as an infant.

more... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26673132/

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
Thats stupid...also the parents that dress up there little girls at 10 to look like they are 16 what is wrong with those people, dont kids grow up fas enough.

·
Subscribing Member
2,134 Posts
I saw these last week on the Today Show. I think they are absolutely ridiculous. I agree with you 7costanza, society has become far too accepting of the sexualization of children. It's no wonder kids are having the problems they're having these days. :DP:

·
Working in the land of misfit toys
1,986 Posts
I'm surprised it took so long for someone to think of this. I mean parents have been dressing up there kids in those god awful pagaents for how long??

·
Maddy B's grammy
2,017 Posts
I agree...they not only look ridiculous but the whole idea is completely ignorant. What kind of parent would want to dress their child like that.

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
I always wondered why parents get their daughter's ears pierced when they are still toddling (2-3 years old).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.