Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am looking for a little help. We currently have some older Sig's and are hoping to transition to new Glocks. I am tasked with putting everything on paper for a proposal to the Chief.

I was hoping some of us might have experience in this and would not mind forwarding me some thoughts, ideas, or even proposals that have been successful. I need all the help I can get on this one...lol!

Thanks in advance for your help!!!!

·
Registered
778 Posts
S&W offered our dept a 1 for 1 trade for the new M&P series(50 or so guns).. I believe we talked the Chief into going with the .45. They also made deals regarding our exisiting ammo(.40) and a closet full of spare parts for our existing weapons. Might be worth looking into.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Nighttrain. we have .45s already, and what did you trade in?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the new sigs have issues as far as quality control. i do not feel confortable giving my guys something that is having known issues.

·
Registered
778 Posts
We sport the not so common S&W 99. It's actually been a pretty good gun. I came from a dept that first carried the S&W 4506 and then the Glock 21(.45). The Glock was a great gun and even for it's size could be handled well by officers without hams for hands. I'll send you the info for one of our firearms guys if you have further questions.

·
Super Moderator
7,182 Posts
I say try working with Sig - they were very good to the MSP when they had their issues.

What is your current department weapon?

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,830 Posts
Jared!

Talk with Sig and S&W, tell them what you've got (P220) and that your department is thinking of going with Glock...

Watch them bend over backwards to accomodate you. Don't let your department become the next band of "Glock Goobers". Jeezus kid, Don't do it!

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
Don't let your department become the next band of "Glock Goobers". Jeezus kid, Don't do it!
But latest generation of Glocks having GPS guided bullets...you simply point your Glock in the air and fire, and the bullets finds a criminal and ends his life!

Glocks also are non-stick, microwavable, child-safe, hold three times their weight in water, give its users cash rebates, awards skymiles for use, hypoallergenic, come with intel inside, massages your hands, gets rids of athletes foot, dishwasher safe, strains pasta, makes a perfect cup of coffee, walks the dog, and give you permanent free shipping & handling. Glock bullets scream from the muzzle at lightspeed and due to the effect of relativism, hit a target before you decided to pull the trigger.

In all seriousness, I recently fired the S&W M&P in .45 and was highly impressed. I was dinging plates at 50 yards, and its ergonomics were far superior to the Block. Also, I the Sig is an excellent weapon, and I would far prefer the 220 to a Glock any day. Call S&W and Sig, they would be jumping all over themselves to make you happy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts