Hello From NC | MassCops

Hello From NC

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by EUPD377, Jan 30, 2020.

1. EUPD377

EUPD377 Southern Campus Cop

So I see nobody has posted here since 2017 so I don’t know what the odds of anyone reading this are, but I figured I’d drop a message since I created an account after lurking for years on here and thought maybe I’d have something to ask or add on occasion.

I was born and raised in Western MA (Springfield metro area) and always wanted to go into LE. However, I screwed myself pretty hard out of high school and wasted four years of my life on a CJ degree that hasn’t served much purpose for me. I took the CS test but being from a small town that rarely hired, and not having the money or time to invest in self-sponsoring to an academy, I looked South. I ended up landing at a large public university and then later a smaller (but still fairly large, about 9,000 students) private university PD in North Carolina, where I’m still employed as a uniformed patrol officer.

Just thought I’d roll through and see how my Mass brethren are doing. I’d never give up my life in NC, I love it here, but I still like to hear about the job back in my home state on occasion, and of course the big differences between departments here and in MA (no SSPO in N.C.!)

Hush and Sooty like this.
  2. Sooty

Sooty Administrator

Well, it's hella colder here! :p

I like NC - drove through a couple times - nice thunderstorms! :D

EUPD377 likes this.
  3. USM C-2

USM C-2 MassCops Member

Hey, welcome!

I worked in Mass. for a career, then moved to Mississippi for a second career at a large state public university. About to retire this summer and move back. House-hunting in the Berkshires via the Interwebz right now.

mpd61, Hush and EUPD377 like this.
  4. EUPD377

EUPD377 Southern Campus Cop

If I were to go back, the Berkshires would probably be the place I would go. I’m too spoiled now to be able to take the winters again though!

5. Roy Fehler

Roy Fehler MassCops Member

Welcome.

Your degree likely helped you attain the positions you’ve had and have, so don’t discount that achievement that only about 1/4th of the American population earns.

j809 and EUPD377 like this.