Hello everyone | MassCops

Hello everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome New Members' started by Newton Savage, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Newton Savage

Newton Savage MassCops Member

I would like to introduce myself to the Masscops community. I am a veteran of the Army and I am now a Boston Special. I understand that I am not a police officer, but I am using this experience to help pad my resume and hopefully land myself with a FT law enforcement job somewhere in New England. I look forward to reading through the endless amounts of information on this site and contributing when I can.

Stay safe everyone!

2. USAF286

USAF286 MassCops Member

Welcome and thank you for your service.

Jeepy likes this.
  3. sdb29

sdb29 MassCops Member

Welcome aboard. Are you related to JD "Buck" Savage by any chance?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359287429.162399.jpg

niteowl1970, USMCMP5811 and Hush like this.
  4. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Welcome to MC, read, learn, and listen, don't end up like our
    special people.

5. corsair

corsair Guest

Welcome to Mass Cops.

6. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

greetings

7. Code 3

Code 3 MassCops Member

Welcome. Special is a good way to get wet behind the ears. NH hires all the time. Just make your you keep up on physical fitness to pass entrance testing. Oh and keep that .38 clean. Bugs the fuck outta me seeing dirt caked on specials guns, and uniforms in general lol. Keep your head on a swivel and mouth shut. :D

8. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Welcome, glad to have another Army person to help keep the Jarheads in line.

Jeepy, mtc and justanotherparatrooper like this.
  9. csauce777

csauce777 Supporting Member

Yes. She likes to kick unexpectedly.

USMCMP5811 likes this.
  10. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

You can have mine....

Delta784 and BxDetSgt like this.
  11. Newton Savage

I have my ball cup!

[​IMG]

USMCMP5811 likes this.
  12. Newton Savage

Army - Eats the bunny because we're hungry.

13. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

He's not carrying the other Marine Bunny, he's getting humped by him.

frank and USMCMP5811 like this.
  14. Newton Savage

Fucking like rabbits..

USMCMP5811 likes this.
  15. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

[​IMG]

Glass houses, brother....glass houses. ;)

16. grn3charlie

grn3charlie Yeah, THAT GUY!

Can't resist

17. Newton Savage

Oh snap! But I am sure this guy had an excuse. I'm sure he was prior Air Nat'l Guard.

USMCMP5811 likes this.
  18. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Judging by that directive I read about, that was given by the Commandant of the USMC, he is really cracking down on the "Portly" Marines. Sounds like he is glint to put a boot in the ass of anyone who is letting them selves go. That is a good thing.

There are no excuses in any branch if service to let yourself go IMHO. Just because we have an AssHat for a Commander in Chief, doesn't mean our troops should be anything but combat ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LawMan3, USMCMP5811 and Newton Savage like this.
  19. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

General Norman Schwarzkopf (RIP) was instrumental in implementing body fat testing in the military for those who don't make the height/weight standards. The only time I ever made weight for someone my height was right after basic training, when I looked like an Auschwitz survivor, but I always made the body fat test with no problem.

How many West Point football linemen do you think make the Army height/weight standards?

USMCMP5811 and adroitcuffs like this.
  20. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

I went in at 6-3 220bs (about where I am now) and came out at 188lbs. You could see my ribs in my back.

21. Newton Savage

I saw so many people get several chances to pass the PT test. I mean, 5, 6 7, as many as 10 times! Seriously? Get off your fat ass and run! Do some push ups, sit ups, etc. Have more sex! Burn some calories, but my god, do something! Laying around on your ass, playing Halo or Call of Duty doesn't cut it.

Basic Training: 5'11" 220 lbs. Graduated at 190 and felt great! I'm flirting around 200, but I am still out running 2-3 times per week. After seeing the NH academy standards, I need to do more!

22. Code 3

Code 3 MassCops Member

NH Academy standards suck!! I'm in good shape as an avid gym goer...but my lungs are smoked in that run time.

23. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

What is the run time for your age group?

24. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Start ground fighting. Submission grappling, Jiu Jitsu etc... Watch your lungs turn into weapons. A year ago I'd be hating life around the 12 minute mark while running. Now I laugh at such. Best conditioning I've ever had.

LawMan3 likes this.
  25. Code 3

Code 3 MassCops Member

Runtime is 12:53 for me. Which doesn't seem ALL that bad, but it's followed by maxed out bench, pushups and timed situps (38 in 1:00 time, hands clasped behind head). Your smoked after situps. Before running, theres a 16'' step up and down at a quick pace for 3 mins.

26. Code 3

Code 3 MassCops Member

Interesting...would love to know more. I never thought this type of exercise would build lung endurance. PM Me with specifics.

27. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

You kidding? All my power against all your power at the same time, trying to gain positional advantage that leads to an opening for a painful choke, armbar, or other joint manipulation. Lose the position you spend tons of energy trying to escape and defend the attack. Gain position you have to control the other person and prevent them from escaping, while trying to submit. A lot more involved than what you see on the UFC.

LawMan3 and Code 3 like this.
  28. grn3charlie

grn3charlie Yeah, THAT GUY!

Sounds like it's designed to be a disadvantage.

29. Code 3

Code 3 MassCops Member

I know it's not meant to be super easy. Just saying even if you're in shape it's still quite a challenge. As it should be.

30. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Sounds like the old Cooper Standards. It's what it is. Except for that last part.

31. RZero

RZero That tickles

I've been on a couple of dates that went down like that.

LawMan3, Marks72, Pvt. Cowboy and 4 others like this.
  32. Code 3

Code 3 MassCops Member

Yes sir. 35th percentile. NH Academy added step test for blood pressure readings. Nurse checks before. Do step test. Report back to nurse for check again. If it's too high your booted.