Hell or High Water | MassCops

Hell or High Water

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Literature' started by Kilvinsky, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

This is a terrific movie. I won't go too into it but quick synopsis.
    Guy (Chris Pine) sees his Texas ranch about to be foreclosed by Texas Midland Bank and decides he wants to buy it from them...with THEIR money. So, he and his ex-con brother (Ben Foster) rob several branches of the bank. Two Texas Rangers, one about to retire (Jeff Bridges) and his partner a 1/2 Mexican, 1/2 Comanche (Gil Birmingham) are hunting them down.

There's more to it, but I'll leave the plot wrap up at that. It's the basis of the story.

The acting is terrific, all of them, even the small parts. Look for a waitress in a small T-Bone steak place, she's a hoot. There's great dialogue and the stuff between the two Rangers is often priceless. But it's NOT a comedy and a good portion of the movie highlights the SHIT economic times we face. It almost makes you sympathize with the brother/robbers.

I bring it up for two reasons, to sing it's praises but also, 2nd amendment fans will love one specific line during one holdup that doesn't go as well as the brothers would like (and forgive me if I don't get it 100% right).......

"These concealed carry permits create a glitch in bank robbing." I KNOW I don't have that perfect, but you get the gist. I HOWLED as the locals started shooting at the brothers. I wish I had it perfect, it's that good a line.

I recommend it. Any LEO who sees it might find errors here and there, but keep in mind two very important things: 1) It's a movie. 2) It's TEXAS! (even if it was FILMED in New Mexico)

GARDA likes this.