Heart-breaking photo shows Navy SEAL's devoted dog guarding his coffin | MassCops

Heart-breaking photo shows Navy SEAL's devoted dog guarding his coffin

Discussion in 'Military News' started by LGriffin, Aug 23, 2011.

1. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

Navy Seal Jon Tumilson's funeral yesterday, his trusted canine friend Hawkeye guarded

[h=2]Navy Seal Jon Tumilson's funeral yesterday, his trusted canine friend Hawkeye guarded him one last time.[/h] [​IMG]

2. ShmitDiesel

ShmitDiesel Radio

Re: Navy Seal Jon Tumilson's funeral yesterday, his trusted canine friend Hawkeye gua

Very sad.

Rest in Peace. Thank you for your service.

3. zm88

zm88 MassCops Member

Re: Navy Seal Jon Tumilson's funeral yesterday, his trusted canine friend Hawkeye gua

Rest in peace and thank you for your service.

4. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Rest in peace and Thank You for your service.

5. Cinderella

Cinderella Alien Member

Heart-breaking photo shows Navy SEAL's devoted dog guarding his coffin

So sad loyal to the end. RIP Jon
    This heart-wrenching photo shows how a Navy SEAL’s dog refused to leave
    his master’s side during an emotional funeral.

Petty Officer Jon Tumilson, 35, killed in the major U.S. helicopter crash in Afghanistan
    this month, was remembered by around 1,500 mourners.
    But it was his Labrador retriever Hawkeye that really captured the public’s emotions
    in the photo taken by Mr Tumilson’s cousin, Lisa Pembleton

Read more: Navy SEAL Jon Tumilson's dog sits by coffin during funeral | Mail Online

[​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

6. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

That is heatbreaking. I would like to see the cat do that.

7. irish937

irish937 MassCops Member

This is awful. I hope one of his brothers will care for the dog. Dog is, without question, man's best friend. I have two retards, but they're mine. Silly, stupid yellowish things!! I love my two and four-legged kids! Rest in peace warrior, a seat at the table waits...

8. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Sadly, I'm closer to some of my friends than I am to my brother.

9. OfficerObie59

OfficerObie59 Public Trough Feeder

One of the many reasons I like dogs more than I like most people.

10. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

If you have even a dram of conscience, that pic chokes you up.

11. lofu

lofu Subscribing Member

I swear its the cold I have that puts the lump in my throat and makes my eyes water every time I see this story.

12. Piper

Piper MassCops Member

I saw that dog Thursday morning at the service in Virginia Beach for the fallen DevGru Seals (the Navy flew the Gaelic Column down wed morning to perform). After the service the family was getting on a flight to get back to Iowa for the funeral that afternoon.

We ended up hanging out w/ the Seals for a couple of days; even played in some of their bars. Every one that I met was humble and appreciative. Was without a doubt one of the greatest honors of my 17 year police career.