Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon all,

First off I just wanted to say that I've been reading this forum for awhile and the information I've picked up here has been incredibly valuable. I appreciate you all taking the time to answer questions and help those who want to become a law enforcement officer.

I have been searching both this site and beyond for information on hearing requirements for Mass. police departments and I've had little luck. I have severe hearing loss in the upper register and almost normal hearing in the lower tones. I am currently working towards a new pair of hearing aids that will improve my ability to understand speech drastically. If anyone knows of any hearing aid bans or decibel cutoffs that information would be very much appreciated. I am taking the upcoming exam this April and I would really appreciate knowing which departments are the most accommodating to candidates with hearing aids.

Again, thank you for your time and consideration.

·
screw you...
2,692 Posts
What??

Hahaha, just messing with ya, cuz I actually read this.. Get it? Whatever, I don't give a fuck...

Actually, to be of some help, where I work there's an officer that wears hearing aids. He's a middle aged dude not an old timer, and I believe he got on with them. I'm not an ADA subject matter expert but I would assume if you can do the job with some minor modifications, you should be good to go. Hell, this is MA, the state that put aids out to help females get over walls, that males have to climb over on their own. I doubt hearing aids will prevent you from getting on..

Good luck..

·
Super Moderator
6,574 Posts
Twat's that? I cunt hear you, I have an ear infuction.
Bad news is you'll get promoted right up to lieutenant. Brass is all deaf anyways.

(Seriously, hope its not a disqualified. Best of luck!)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha I get the "What's that I can't hear you" jokes all the time. Seriously though thanks for the input it makes me feel so much better. Some states have very strict bans etc. so its good to know that Mass. doesn't seem to have those.

@ Code 3 No Jon Twiss is my uncle actually, he's a Lieutenant with Derry NH and he can hear just fine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Haha I get the "What's that I can't hear you" jokes all the time. Seriously though thanks for the input it makes me feel so much better. Some states have very strict bans etc. so its good to know that Mass. doesn't seem to have those.

@ Code 3 No Jon Twiss is my uncle actually, he's a Lieutenant with Derry NH and he can hear just fine.
I would apply in Derry, NH then if I were you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts