Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They're Advertising it as:
"What Local Prison Guards Are Doing On The Job..."

I'm Sure It Will Be An Objective Piece of Journalism....

After All, Maybe the Convicts Were Spoken to Harshly, or Werent Given Enough Butter for their Toast...
:roll:

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Heads Up Corrections Folk - FOX NEWS 25 EXCLUSIVE TONIGH

truthbetold";p="56560 said:
...anyone know what it is about or what counties?
TRUTH - I was listening to IMUS in the Morning on WTKK 96.9 this morning and from what I was able to gather from the advertisement, I think it might be Massachusetts DOC...

Since the Geoghan murder, the State DOC has been under heavy scrutiny, both in the press and at the state gov't. level...

The sound-bite was something along the lines of:

"A FOX 25 Exclusive! abuse of prisoners, guards sleeping on the job, guards bringing in women to the facilities...."

·
Registered
32 Posts

State facilities, The Madam Commish is showing video of use of force. Why didn't they show the riot in the chow hall in 1999, or 2000. Where is the video of the super getting shanked in 1998. oh! that would show the side of the cons that would be detrimental to there treatment.

lets look

AT NURSING HOME, A RAPE ARREST MAN
Published on February 10, 2005
Author(s): Alice Dembner Globe Staff

A registered sex offender living in a Norwood nursing home has been arrested and charged with raping his 90-year-old male roommate, according to police and court records.

John A. Enos, 68, had been convicted in the late 1980s of sex crimes against children, according to the state sex offender registry. He was one of four level 3 offenders those considered most likely to commit another sex crime living in Massachusetts nursing homes, according to an advocacy group. A fifth level 3 offender

So this 90 guy who is a veteran of ww2 and fought in Iwo Jima is raped by a 68 year old dirtbag. The state let him out because he would not hurt anyone. Imagine this being your father or uncle. The Veterans administration should be all over this. The state should be sued for letting this POS out of prison. Ladies and gentlemen you need to recognize that these reports are all part of the master plan. Liberal Massachusetts is alive and well.

Here is another good example of our backwards thinking. An inmate was killed in a state prison. Do you know what there commisioner said " Prison is a dangerous place. don't come to prison. these things happen it is a nasty place. nuff said

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

BOSSMAN - Lets face it, its kick the dog time. You guys have been under scrutiny since the Geoghan incident and now its pile on time.

You have a commissioner who gives a shit about her staff and the lib-tarded Massachusetts media who is more concerned about a con getting roughed up than an officer getting killed. When was the last time you heard about the MCI-CJ rookie who was stabbed in the face back in November?
It was a nice little page 3 story in the Globe and Herald, but tonights story will send shock-waves.... You guys on the front-lines will feel this one.

Your union should endorse another candidate for gov. if Romney doesn't shitcan the madam...

·
Registered
10 Posts

Well here we go again with this d-bag of a commish. We've been kicked in the balls before and we've always come out on top. We as a body were prepared for this one and I know first hand because 2 of our E-board members were brainstorming up at SBCC just yesterday so let the games begin. Yes Kosmo as you stated this one will hurt there is no doubt about that but I feel confident in our union and there will be a reponse to this B.S.! The ping pong has started and we are the flavor of the month right now so come on board it will get real interesting in the coming months. Geez I'm also wondering what kind of reform will slide our way if we roll this other priest out feet first!!! Just a thought !!! Please post on and be safe!!! P.S. REMEMBER GOD CREATED ALCOHOL SO THE IRISH WOULDN'T TAKE OVER THE WORLD!! :t:

·
Subscribing Member
275 Posts

Some person I know used to work for MA DOC for 10 or 15 years and told me a lot of CO's including himself left because of things like this. Plus it was getting worse in terms of how DOC officers were getting S**t dumped on them after the whole Geoghan issue. :no:

Bossman has a good Idea.... you should get footage of the stuff you guys deal with in the DOC and try to get that broadcasted if you can. :D

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

That report was blatantly staged and an abject bogus set up by KD. It wasn't even worth watching..
The madam commissioner was nauseatingly transparent in her "Its an outrage, its unacceptable, its outrageous, its unacceptable..." harangues..

And Fox, making it sound like this was some extraordinary piece of undercover journalism got all that footage handed to them by the DOC, no question… I gotta admit, the "your squeezing my testicles" quote almost made me pee my pants
… :D

·
Subscribing Member
1,209 Posts

Dunno Koz.
I watched with a neutral mind.
Seems maddam comish like's to toss them under the bus. I dont agree with that the guard got a 20 day suspenion. Its what happens in a fight.......it wasnt excessive, he had the right to do that. With that lady, she probally shouldnt have been there that long but...... Sexual misconduct????? where??? he was rubbing her back!!

But on the other hand, the guy breaking out of seg. and running around didnt bolster their case. :roll: :oops: :shock:

But atleast this reporter did get the other side of the story and made attempts to talk to the officers.

There are always a small handfull of bad apples on an apple cart and this doesnt change my views on the majority of the DOC officers. Its the same world over with any department. I know in my department we got a few losers that make us look bad. :roll:

·
Registered
97 Posts

The old saying: Only believe half of what you see and nothing of what you hear. There is 2 camera's in every block. I say again, 2 camera's in every block and the footage that looks like the CO is hitting the restrained inmate is not true. That inmate was still resisting. Oh, and don't forget he just assaulted 2 CO's. The Commissioner should have never released that tape, criminal charges are still pending against that inmate.
Some of the footage shown is almost 10 yrs old. Like the one where an Officer is meeting a female ex-con in a motel.
Those move teams? Wasn't there but I wouldn't be surprised if the inmate was armed w/ a shank.
Yes a department as large as the DOC w/ about 4,000 officers will have a few bad apples. They don't last long. For the commissioner to say 20% of the work force is bad, well that is just wrong. That just shows her lack of ability to run this department.
Stay strong guys and girls. We're in for a long ride down a bumpy hill.

·
Registered
61 Posts

I was outraged at the display of our director of public safety and our commisioner of corrections. She gets caught last week basically pilfering funds from the budget and then goes and releases tapes of tact team moves. These tapes showed nothing more then the need for force (tact team gets activated the force is necessary). An inmate yelling things out? Did anyone see the officer grabbing his testicles? NO. He could have yelled anything. If I was on this tact team I would resign immediately. If this is the support you get because someone gets mad they got caught. I am all set.

As far as the inmate running around and no officer is around I have no excuse for anyone because we were not there. Although it does look bad and it probably is what it looks like we will never know, nor will they.

The supervisor with the female put the people around him in a bad position. Again no one knows what they were doing but it also looks bad. Just like they want it to.

The officer with the MCI framingham female got what he deserves. That made it compromising for others at work. It was about 10 years ago.

In closing this is a mockery of the way the DOC is going. They have worked hard for us to be able to sleep sound and safe at night. The administration should be ashamed of themselves for letting these videos out. More yoke on her face. The other thing is this all happened under her and someone else's watch. Why isn't she being suspended or fired for her misappropriation of funds? Oh right it was a political party for the politicians. I forgot. Double standards are rampant in this administration. Does as I say not as i do.

·
2,297 Posts
Hopefully Romney gets defeated in 2006, and takes his Commissioner Of Public Safety and Commissioner of Corrections with him. They are both deplorable.

·
Czar of Cyncism and Satire
2,070 Posts

She said that 80% of her 3,900 C/O workforce comes to work and goes about their work without a problem. So she just labled about 750+ C/O's as slackers, malcontents, thugs, etc.... What a hag.

Time for a bit of the "Blue Flu" if you ask me. Maybe make some of those 100K pencil pushers on the DOC payroll come downstairs for a bit of OTJ training dealing with inmates.

Doesn't this hag realize that 97+% of the people in state prison aren't very nice people? Maybe she should take a few home on work release furloughs to her house to see how gentle, loving & caring they truly can be. With a bit of nurturing by Madame Commissioner, maybe they will turn their life around for the better.

Instead, she dumps almost 800 hard working C/O's under the bus. How pathetic is that. And I thought my bosses were bad..... Good luck guys, stay safe in there. HC

·
Registered
159 Posts

KozmoKramer";p="56617 said:
That report was blatantly staged and an abject bogus set up by KD. It wasn't even worth watching..
The madam commissioner was nauseatingly transparent in her "Its an outrage, its unacceptable, its outrageous, its unacceptable..." harangues..

And Fox, making it sound like this was some extraordinary piece of undercover journalism got all that footage handed to them by the DOC, no question… I gotta admit, the "your squeezing my testicles" quote almost made me pee my pants
… :D
What lead up to the Extraction Team deploying into the cell. They ask him to comply three times and he refused. Three time is the minimum he was probably asked several more times than the required three. It is a long process.It was probably two hours before they entered. The inmate is aware of the camera. They honestly believe that this guy by saying testicles that it happened. Not to mention he will probably sue and that would sound good to a jury. He must be laughing his ass off that he was believed.I could not help but laugh when I heard this POS saying testicles in no distress. Does she (Dennehy) think people are stupid.

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

JGH - all of the language the inmate used in that video was for effect. I've heard it referred to as "the Hollywood Effect". As you said, it will be used to bolster his lawsuit. "Your squeezing my testicles" is not the vernacular I would imagine an inmate would use if he was truly being abused. (Your crushing my fu#$%ing balls!! would be more plausible IMHO, And the "I'm not resisting" comments wouldn't be necessary if in fact he wasn't resisting correct? That was all for effect. If he was completely compliant, that extraction (in my untrained interpretation) would have lasted about 8 seconds and all would have walked out unscathed...

BTW - for those who haven't heard, the MCOFU has called for Madam Commissioners immediate dismissal. I'm going to post it in a separate thread. (If it hasn't been already.)

·
Registered
97 Posts

KozmoKramer, I would like to thank you for understanding the "other" side of this Fox 25 report. It is true that the inmates will play the video the best they can.

Everything we do is video tapped. Whether being in the housing blocks or on a forced move team. We are not there to "beat the inmates down every chance we get" like our Commissioner is trying to sell to the public in order to make her look like she is doing her job.

I really wish we, as the front line CO's, could release videos of the hundreds of assaults a year that we endure. Even our own Union doesn't have access to those tapes.

We can not talk to the media with out express written consent from the Commissioner and only after she reviews it. Otherwise we will be severely reprimanded or fired. I'm sure some of you in the law enforcement field know that one. Everything must go through the departments "spokesperson".

·
Subscribing Member
275 Posts

We can not talk to the media with out express written consent from the Commissioner and only after she reviews it. Otherwise we will be severely reprimanded or fired. I'm sure some of you in the law enforcement field know that one. Everything must go through the departments "spokesperson".
I know... I'm just saying that if there's a risk free opportunity to show the other side where you don't face the wrath of the Queen then go for it.

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

No thanks necessary GATEKEEPER, I have a lot of respect and appreciation for the work you guys (and gals) do.
And I'm repulsed by any biased, one-sided journalism.

Beaudet, (who I used to have some respect for) should be ashamed of himself for trying to pass that one sided farce off as an "exclusive look" inside… Right is right. If you're going to show the "bad apples" (which I am sure you do have, as any department of 5 let alone 5,000 will have), then also show the finest at work. Show footage of the riots in the chow hall that BOSSMAN made reference to. And if you really want to show something, release to Fox the videotape of the rookie from CJ getting stabbed in the face. Lets see how bad we feel for the poor abused, scum of the earth then...

·
Registered
97 Posts

I hear ya Channy1984, there would be nothing I would like better. I would love to air the departments dirty laundry. And I would need more then the 12 or so minutes they had to attack us!!! But not at the risk of my career.

The Commissioner has granted one of the Officers accused of excessive force that showed last Monday to talk to Fox 25. He got a good lawyer that made her fall off her heels. Rumor has it that will air this Tuesday at 10 PM (Fox). He's a good guy. I just hope they at Fox don't cut apart his statements and make him look silly.

·
Subscribing Member
1,167 Posts

Gatekeeper,

It makes you wonder what the Commissioner is afraid of when she starts censuring the free speech of her own employees. It is important to remember that she can not limit speech to regulatory authorities, or even the press in situations involving violation of laws or gross safety issues, where the employee has either notified their supervisor or is reasonably in fear of retaliation from their supervisor.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.