HBO series "The Pacific" | MassCops

HBO series "The Pacific"

Discussion in 'Military News' started by Piper, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Piper

Piper MassCops Member

A "Band of Brothers" type series coming out next spring:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e99B80crU3E"]YouTube- The Pacific: Trailer (HBO)[/nomedia]

looks pretty cool

2. sc3

sc3 MassCops Member

Looking forward to seeing this. thanks

3. Tuna

Tuna Always entertained

Thanks for the heads up Bruce, looks like a must see.

4. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

Spieldberg and Hanks again..Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers...now this....thats a must see, Thanks Piper.

5. 8MORE

8MORE New Member

I'll defiantly will be setting the DVR for this. Thanks Piper.

6. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

What movie is the baby faced kid from in the preview, he looks so familiar but i think he was younger in the movie. i just cant place it and its killing me.

7. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

8. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

If there is ANYONE in Hollywood deserving of respect, it's Tom Hanks. He has honored more Great Americans (real or fictional) in his films than anyone since John Wayne. Steven Speilberg also deserves a special pat on the back.

9. HuskyH-2

10. kttref

kttref New Member

I just hope Hanks isn't acting in it...As an actor I think he's horrible...as a director/producer/whatever he's great!

Too bad I don't have HBO...will have to wait for it on DVD..looks great though!

11. jedediah1

jedediah1 MassCops Member

disagree

you just hate him cause he has AIDs
    [​IMG]

12. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

I'll agree to disagree. I feel he always does a more than adequate job in the rolls he's been in.

Sure, he's no Joe Dallessandro, but then again, who is?

13. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

It's just too bad he's a Dem. You know, Reagan was a Dem, once...

14. OfficerObie59

OfficerObie59 Public Trough Feeder

+1
    I might just get HBO for the amount of time this will be on, then cancel. IF it's anything like BoB, it'd be quite worth it.

15. HuskyH-2

I have to disagree, as well. Cast Away, Charlie Wilson's War, Forest Gump, Catch Me If you can. I don't ever see Tom Hanks imo, you just see whoever hes playing. Then you got the old stuff like Turner and Hooch and Splash that i think are awesome. Comedy, drama, action films, i personally think hes one of the greats, and its not cause hes the best looking guy ever like, some Actor who are blockbusters, he just has talent.

Ill admit however I'm not impressed with the Da Vinci Code, Angels and Demons performance.

16. Hawk19

Hawk19 New Member

Another little-seen favorite is Joe vs. The Volcano...

17. L4G81

L4G81 MassCops Member

Anyone ever seen "The Wire"? I keep hearing that it's a pretty good show .. like an R rated "The Shield"??

18. fra444

fra444 MassCops Member

I think its important to note that I thanked all of your post but this. I have never and will never check out Tom Hanks!! :p
    Ya. Thats a good comparison just I think much more involved then the Shield. I saw the first couple of seasons and enjoyed it.

19. tsunami

tsunami MassCops Member

What ever happened to Generation Kill on HBO?

20. Hawk19

Hawk19 New Member

The Wire is excellent.

21. MVS

MVS Chapter 90 Enforcer

As soon as I saw Tom Hanks and Steven Speilberg in the credits, I immediately sensed "this is gonna be good!"

22. HuskyH-2