Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Looks like some are being identified :lol:

Cape man charged for Super Bowl vandalism

BOSTON - A Sandwich man was among the Northeastern students who participated in vandalism after the Super Bowl game Feb. 1.

Jason Shepherd, 20, of Sandwich, has already pleaded innocent to charges of malicious destruction of property. Tipsters helped Northeastern University identify 12 students who participated in vandalism and rioting on city streets after the Super Bowl, and now the school plans to share the information with police.

The students will face the possibility of suspension or expulsion from the university for their role in the Feb. 1 rioting that followed the New England Patriots' 32-29 victory over Carolina, school officials said.

Northeastern received about 100 e-mails after posting 24 photos on a Web site, requesting information to help the school identify the participants. Officials said 15 more people in the photos still need to be identified.

Three students who were charged before the photos were posted on-line have pleaded innocent to charges of malicious destruction of property. Shepherd. Hamid Refai, 20, of Brookline, and Jonathan Diffehbach, 22, of Concord, all begin college disciplinary proceedings next week. They have pretrial hearings in court next month.

The students accused of participating in the rioting will face sanctions issued by a student judicial board of five students who are "very experienced and very serious about the job they were chosen to do," said Ed Klotzbier, Northeastern's vice president for student affairs.

·
1,952 Posts
We're doing farely well. Most students think it's a joke but they have their head too far up their ass to realize that within 30,000 people someone is going to turn them in :L:

·
Subscribing Member
292 Posts
Ok...I have to ask. Where the heck were the the NUPD & BPD. Judging from past experience, one would think they would have a TON of BPD/NUPD on duty in that area!!! :shock: :shock: I didn't see a cop in one photo. (Granted I'm not seeing everything, but come on guys!)

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,767 Posts
ROBOCOP1982 said:
Ok...I have to ask. Where the heck were the the NUPD & BPD. Judging from past experience, one would think they would have a TON of BPD/NUPD on duty in that area!!! :shock: :shock: I didn't see a cop in one photo. (Granted I'm not seeing everything, but come on guys!)
ROBO,

You have to realize three things;

1. The last time this happened was wayyyy back like two years ago
so it's not like it was fresh in anyones mind.

2. University students (young adults) who can afford to attend these
schools and drink, don't usually exhibit this behavior because of
their awareness of their obligations to society and their parents.

3. Menino is saving the $$$$ for the DNC.
:-k

G

·
Maybe they should have understood this formula which I learned in college:

Alcohol + Testosterone + Any Excuse = Mayhem

Guinness2429

·
screw you...
2,692 Posts
If there were enough cops there to handle the crowds you know those upstanding young adults and their understanding parents would have screamed some sort of police brutality and over zealousness......

·
Registered
115 Posts
Is there anyone here that would have stepped in and tried to control that crowd?

I dont know of any Police force that is staffed enough to deal with that kind of mayhem.

·
1,952 Posts
H50 said:
I wonder how many of them are Criminal Justice students. :roll:
Sadly enough prolly many. I don't know why

And mpd61 is that sarcasm in statement 1 about not being fresh in the minds? cause I hope so, at least for us everyone was praying that nothing was going to happen like before. That and we had just dealt with Redsox BS so it was even more pronounced.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I can't comment on anything regarding our response (NUPD). It will come out eventually but believe me people(rank and file) aren't happy.,.....I can say, and crvtte65 can attest I was out there for the sox-yanks, and sox-A's series and it wasn't pretty....It was a matter of time before this came to a head as it did the night of the superbowl...I honestly don't ever see myself ever having another major new england sporting event off... HGopefully this time I will have at least some headgear to wear...oh well....Law Enforcement in Mass per usual

·
Registered
20 Posts
robodope said:
I can't comment on anything regarding our response (NUPD). It will come out eventually but believe me people(rank and file) aren't happy.,.....I can say, and crvtte65 can attest I was out there for the sox-yanks, and sox-A's series and it wasn't pretty....It was a matter of time before this came to a head as it did the night of the superbowl...I honestly don't ever see myself ever having another major new england sporting event off... HGopefully this time I will have at least some headgear to wear...oh well....Law Enforcement in Mass per usual
This is NOTHING new for the reigning powers at NUPD.

I worked as a "brown suit" at NUPD from March 1993 to May 1996. We had a "large disturbance" at a dance one Saturday night. BPD sent about 20 cruisers in to aid the undermanned detail. Several NUPD members were injured. Management's response... sensitivity training so we could "understand" why some people rioted.

For you folks still working there, DO NOT go into a large crowd of these freaks if they're only destroying property. Let the president and "director" squirm and take the heat... they aren't the ones out there facing the mob. Take care of yourselves and your mates, because the brass will only try and jam it up the rear entrance.

The former #108... and proud member of the Black Sheep Squadron! :D

·
Registered
968 Posts
Looking at those pictures makes me realize the amount of scumbags that attend NU! God I would love to meet some of the parents and be like see your little joey.....HE NEEDS HIS A$$ WHOOPED! Maybe when I win the super bowl on my XBOX each week I should go to each of their homes and flip their parents cars and burn stuff......Then I can be super COOL 8) like those folks.

·
Subscribing Member
771 Posts
DFP2662 said:
This is NOTHING new for the reigning powers at NUPD.

I worked as a "brown suit" at NUPD from March 1993 to May 1996. We had a "large disturbance" at a dance one Saturday night. BPD sent about 20 cruisers in to aid the undermanned detail. Several NUPD members were injured. Management's response... sensitivity training so we could "understand" why some people rioted.

For you folks still working there, DO NOT go into a large crowd of these freaks if they're only destroying property. Let the president and "director" squirm and take the heat... they aren't the ones out there facing the mob. Take care of yourselves and your mates, because the brass will only try and jam it up the rear entrance.

The former #108... and proud member of the Black Sheep Squadron! :D
Right on the money Dave! It is not the rank and file that is the problem, but the administration. Stay safe my former NUPD officers. Join the Black Sheep Squadron as soon as possible.

The former #39... and another proud member of the Black Sheep Squadron!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Although Bart was in the lower category of numbers..#39..He was always out there in the middle of shit with everyone...unlike some other people...It was nice to see postings from some members of the Black Sheep Squadron..From the former #111 and #55....now #35....Hopefully some changes will come....Only time will tell...Until then I long to me a member of the black sheep squadron...stay safe all

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.