Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Have you received a card from civil service for a department you picked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would make a poll to see if departments are coming along with hiring or are things as bad as we thought when we took the exam.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah I just did. I have a post under "Ask a Cop" but not alot of responses. Can some people help? I have a few questions.

Thanks

·
Registered
164 Posts
I got my card and signed the list, but my town posted for laterals? Does anyone know of this will affect the process?

·
Registered
561 Posts
JP, was your list for PI's or full-time officers? They may need officers faster than they can screen candidates and put them through the academy, hence the lateral posting.

If you signed for a PI slot, they might be planning more for long-term staffing needs.

-Mike

·
Registered
413 Posts
actually interning right now at the Raynham PD...been talkin to the chief just to see what's goin on w/it and from what he's telling me, he hasn't even gotten the list for civil service yet, all he's gotten is the reemployment list? Does it usually take that long for dept's to get the lists?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dan,

I think it all depends on how long it takes the department to contact the lay off list first....once that is completed, then they go to civl service list. I heard from a couple Chiefs that told me that there were no layoffs interested in coming to certain departments....all depends I guess on situation.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The city that I received a card from went to the re-employment list (no one was interested), then they went to the civil service list (which I got a card from). Most of the laid off guys still have a year or more before they are pulled off the list. Most just want to wait it out. With the new budget the towns are looking to fix the budget and get the guys back as soon as possible. Some of the guys that are currently working in cities, they took while laid off, are going back to their original towns soon.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Dan,

I think it all depends on how long it takes the department to contact the lay off list first....once that is completed, then they go to civl service list. I heard from a couple Chiefs that told me that there were no layoffs interested in coming to certain departments....all depends I guess on situation.
yea i think the chief just got the civ service list so now its time to play the waiting game

but not gonna hold my breath :lol:

·
Subscribing Member
4,316 Posts
Q5-TPR said:
I was #1 on my Town. But after I hit the lottery (MSP) :t: I quickly took myself off the list to give someone else a shot. He got the card 2 weeks ago and will probably be in the next MPOC.
Did you work in Abington PD before? Just curious.

·
1,952 Posts
EOD1 said:
i haven't gotten 1. i checked my standings & i think i should have gotten atleast one.
Well it depends on if they are hiring... and, just to let you know, this thread is from March of 2004, so answers and poll results have changed as we are on a new list now

·
Registered
208 Posts
I just got a card from the T police yesterday, but I am not gooing to sign for it as I am starting the Boston Fire Academy tommorow

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.