Have you ever seen these guys? | MassCops

Have you ever seen these guys?

Discussion in 'Politics & Law Enforcement' started by JerryD, May 11, 2020.

1. JerryD

JerryD MassCops Member

There are quite a few such groups. They go to the places of public service (city halls, post offices, airports, police stations, and even Charlie Baker's home) to shoot videos and ask names. When the security guards of police officers stop them, they fight with "constitutional rights".

Personally I think they are very annoying, trying to create disturbances to make money. I would like to hear what is really legal and illegal from LEOs' perspective.

2. Roy Fehler

Roy Fehler MassCops Member

The “First Amendment Audit” idiots, they’ve been around for awhile.

3. RodneyFarva

RodneyFarva Get off my lawn!

And they all have extensive criminal records, not just drugs and larceny but more like hardcore stuff such as sexual assaults. I have been watching these groups for sometime and they are mostly just pains the the ass that talk a big game and throw out threats of prosecution claiming you violated their civil rights. Just keep in mind a decent lawyer wouldn't take one of their cases without at least a 10k retainer.

Joel98 and res2244 like this.
  4. EUPD377

EUPD377 Southern Campus Cop

I’ve run into them once or twice. They seem to be under the impression that as long as they’re in a public building they can do whatever they want. Legally, (at least in N.C., where I work) they can be trespassed from a public building for filming if there is a policy against it, and especially if they are disrupting operations. For example, an officer I work with got trespassing and disorderly conduct charges against one because he filmed people in the police station lobby who were trying to make reports. One female told him she didn’t want him to film her because she was trying to report something anonymously. He yelled and cursed at her about her rights, then refused to leave the lobby when asked. Charges stuck. Another officer locked one up because he was filming in a federal building with posted “no filming” signs and refused to leave when asked. Charges still stuck.

The only time they’re really legally in the right is when they are filming in a completely public place like a sidewalk. If they are filming something that is in public view from a sidewalk, there’s not much you can do to stop them.

They are absolutely douches though and most have serious criminal histories. A lot of them have a history of child sex offenses.

NG1992, Joel98, res2244 and 1 other person like this.
  5. RodneyFarva

NG1992, Joel98 and EUPD377 like this.
  6. JerryD

JerryD MassCops Member

If someone films me (against my will) and then uses the video to make profits. Is there anything I can do?
    I'm not a public figure.

7. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Yes. It makes it that much more satisfying when they cross the line and get locked up.

8. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Are you in a public place where you have no expectation of privacy?

zm88, CCCSD and RodneyFarva like this.
  9. res2244

res2244 MassCops Member

The guy who manages the most popular channel from New England is named Anselmo Morales or something of that nature. He consistently brags in many of his more recent videos to make “a 100,000 dollars” for his various escapades in not just Massachusetts but all of New England and as recently as more southern states such as Florida. Anselmo himself if you look at his history is plagued with a laundry list of felonies and not just himself but also the owners of channels with similar content and has done collaborations with. Anselmo’s unofficial biography as well as the background of his associates are mentioned in the article below in a no nonsense style that is oddly Masscops-esque LOL
    Auditing The “First Amendment” Auditors: Auditing America’s Anselmo “Enrique” Morales-Torres Gets His Turn For A TB Audit

PS I have watched some videos of his for educational purposes as we did have a class discussion on these yahoos in one of my criminal justice classes. Anselmo and others like him also tend to clickbait with attention grabbing titles that most of the time are complete lies in how ”unprofessional” some of the LEO’s take their crap. In one of their videos, they titled an escapade of theirs in a rural town in Maine after directly dealing with the chief as being “power hungry” even though that chief they dealt with in the video was in actuality very kind in giving open records documents and upholded a very admirable sense of kindness and professionalism the whole time the chief dealt with the felonious lot. This escapade of theirs wasn’t the only time they lied with a clickbait title......

Last edited: May 11, 2020
    JerryD likes this.
  10. EUPD377

EUPD377 Southern Campus Cop

When I’ve run into them, I always try to be as professional as possible since I know the video could make it back to command. As res said though, there’s pretty much no winning with them. If you are calm and professional they say you’re being patronizing (I got called a “sociopath” by one of them for remaining calm and professional) and if you tell them to fuck off like they deserve, then they call you a crazy, unprofessional, rude ass. It’s a lose lose.

11. RodneyFarva

They will also try to file vexatious complaints against an officer hoping to jam them up with an IA, there has also been cases where "auditors" showed up to officers residents. (look up, "Joe Hart" AKA "Joe Orga" AKA "Joa Orga") TB has a few articles about him alone.

res2244 likes this.
  12. JerryD

JerryD MassCops Member

I have not encountered such incidents, but would like to know the options.
    So in a public place, people can film whatever they want and use the videos for any purpose? If a random guy films a pretty woman in the subway against her will, is it totally legal?

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  13. RodneyFarva

If she tells him to stop and he continues she may have a criminal harassment issue.

14. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

Not to be that guy but.........
    1. Best way to not let these guys bother you, is to not let them bother you, because they don't really matter to anyone but themselves.
    2. We're cops, not attorneys. Talk to a lawyer about your civil and constitutional rights and how they relate to these "citizens" you've never encountered, but seem concerned about.

zm88, NG1992, res2244 and 3 others like this.
  15. IamTheDude

IamTheDude MassCops Member

The most common people involved in this are "Bitchtits McGee" (Josh Abrams) and "Pubstache Pablo" (Anselmo Enrique Morales)... nothing new, these idiots are career criminals with no life, who try egg on cops (directly or indirectly), don't give them the desired result. Kill them with kindness while on duty (off duty is another story)

16. CCCSD

CCCSD MassCops Member

Just sneeze on them when they start filming you.

Joel98 likes this.
  17. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

A strong enough magnet combined with a cell jammer means the only evidence left is bruises.

triplethreat, mpd61, Joel98 and 3 others like this.
  18. res2244

res2244 MassCops Member

Whats worse, soverign citizens or first ammendment auditors?

NG1992, RodneyFarva and Hush like this.
  19. RodneyFarva

Soverigns tend to be either relatively passive loud mouths or to the other extreme and ultra violent. They have killed cops in the past. The 1A people are just angry individuals with mostly with no job, a extensive criminal history and feel they have been wronged by the police. They refuse to accept responsibility for their transgressions and are now out for revenge under the ruse that they are fighting for the collective rights for the people. All the while they are stroking their own egos and hoping to get jammed up by a police officer so the could sue for a big pay day, granted thats not going to happen however this is their delusional mindset. I personally wouldn't turn my back to a SovCit. the 1A folks are just frustrated people with bark and NO BITE. At times they will quote laws and random case law, real jail house lawyer stuff, however they have no idea what they are talking about or how to apply the law. They have obtained their law degree from the prestigious law school of Google and Bing.

20. Bloodhound

Bloodhound MassCops Member

They have figured out how to get views on Youtube, and get paid well for it. I have to remind my coworkers of this when they are sending around a video that they are supporting these dopes with every view.

HistoryHound, mpd61 and CCCSD like this.
  21. triplethreat

triplethreat MassCops Member

Josh Abrams is a class act. The "turtleboy blogs" have done quite a few articles about him. If boredom strikes I suggest checking it out.. The Worcester PD one is great to watch. Gives you a stand point of city vs. small town and how things are much different as far things being 'more lenient' with the bigger cities.

Last edited: May 14, 2020