Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping someone here might have some words of wisdom for me. My forehead breaks out in to a bad rash when wearing our duty hat. I assume this is due to it being leather wrapped on the inside, as I can wear any other hats just fine. I am curious if this has happened to anyone else or am I the only sissy here? Also does anyone make a cloth wrapped hat...maybe that will fix the problem? Thanks

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Sounds like you could be allergic to leather. They do make duty hats that have a plastic band on the inside (rather than leather).

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
Options:
Head too big
Hat too smal
;)

Coops320 said:
I was hoping someone here might have some words of wisdom for me. My forehead breaks out in to a bad rash when wearing our duty hat. I assume this is due to it being leather wrapped on the inside, as I can wear any other hats just fine. I am curious if this has happened to anyone else or am I the only sissy here? Also does anyone make a cloth wrapped hat...maybe that will fix the problem? Thanks

·
Registered
17,747 Posts
RPD931 said:
Sounds like you could be allergic to leather. They do make duty hats that have a plastic band on the inside (rather than leather).
Yup that they do.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe the company used some type chemical on the leather?:unsure: I washed the leather and tried the hat again and it seems fine now. Thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts