Harvard Police Department | MassCops

Harvard Police Department

Discussion in 'Massachusetts Employment' started by j809, Apr 13, 2018.

1. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

JOB POSTIONG: PATROL OFFICER

OPEN: April 13, 2018 CLOSES: April 27, 2018

The Town of Harvard Police Department is currently accepting applications to fill two full-time police officer positions. Harvard is a town in Worcester County, located 25 miles west-northwest of Boston along Route 2 and 495 with a population of approximately 6,500 residents. Our ideal candidate is a motivated, results driven individual who is committed to problem solving and community engagement.

Minimum Requirements: Full-Time Police Academy (MPTC or equivalent). Candidates holding a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice; or related field, and full-time experience will be given preference. (Please note: Bachelors Requirement has been waived for this posting)

Salary range: Min. $46,280 – Max. $60,278, plus differential and education incentive. Differential is $3,120 Evenings and $3,744 Midnights. New candidates will receive a 5% education incentive for a Bachelor’s Degree or a 10% incentive for a Master’s Degree. Any candidate who is currently receiving Quinn Bill benefits, and was Quinn eligible prior to 2009, will continue to receive Quinn Bill benefits.
    Other benefits include a 4/2 schedule, 75/25 Health Coverage, paid holidays, longevity pay, sick-time buyback, detective stipend, and uniform allowance. We offer a number of opportunities such as participation in CEMLEC specialized units, ample paid training, overtime pay and details.

Candidates will need to complete and pass all phases of the selection process including interviews, extensive background investigation, medical and psychological examinations. Termination from a sworn law enforcement position or resignation in lieu of termination are automatic disqualifiers for these positions.
    Due to the anticipated large number of applications, only those candidates moving forward in the process will be contacted.

A resume and cover letter should be submitted electronically by e-mail only to Chief Edward D. Denmark at [email protected]. Any further questions can be sent to Sergeant James D. Babu at [email protected]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. patrol22

patrol22 MassCops Member

Due to the anticipated large number of applications, only those candidates moving forward in the process will be contacted

A little cocky aren’t we? :cool:

3. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

Usually lots of applicants, but passing the whole process is another thing. :)

4. rto567

rto567 MassCops Member

This department seems to have some great stuff! Educational Incentive, specialized units (CEMLEC). Whats overtime and details like at a small town like this? Cant be anything crazy like a city im sure. Everything Ive heard about this department is pretty good though. I may be wrong anyone else know anything more on this place

5. sgtmike1980

sgtmike1980 MassCops Member

Well it depends on the town doesn't it? I know they have a lot of details, I know many cops who work in small towns that have more than they can fill.

38bigblock likes this.
  6. rto567

rto567 MassCops Member

Of course it depends on the town. Just was looking for more details for future candidates thats all. Like I said, Ive heard nothing buy great things about the department. Very affluent town too.

7. rto567

rto567 MassCops Member

if I wasnt so close to retiring id say sign my butt up

8. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

You can easily make six figures.

9. DPD6860

DPD6860 MassCops Member

Their part-time reserve officers which only work details make anywhere from $35,000-$50,000 a year.

10. BPD32

BPD32 MassCops Member

do you know if they are looking for reserve as well?

11. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

No there are too many now lol

mpd61 likes this.
  12. rto567

rto567 MassCops Member

Any idea on the pace of the process? The steps of the process and how soon they’re looking for guys.

13. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

In the posting there are specific instructions regarding questions you may have.

14. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

Yeah, Yeah really phukkin funny buddy...........I coulda been a contendah!!!!:oops:

j809 likes this.
  15. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

One of them made $80k details only

mpd61 likes this.
  16. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

A lovely town in a lovely part of Massachusetts. Winery's nearby, please don't ignore that!!!!!

j809 likes this.
  17. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

Yeah, Yeah..............Again! REALLY phukkin funny dude. You got me hook, line, and sinker!

Kilvinsky and j809 like this.
  18. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

This is TONGUE IN CHEEK, So please....

How many of those details did they have to be at?

JUST A JOKE! POOR TASTE MAYBE, but SOMEONE was eventually going to say it.

mpd61 likes this.
  19. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

All of them all blood $ nothing easy gets to them

mpd61 likes this.