Had to call 911 today... | MassCops

Had to call 911 today...

Discussion in 'Whacker Sightings' started by Pvt. Cowboy, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Driving home from work on Rt 3 north, I see flashing blue and red lights coming up the left lane. I'm in the middle lane, and have a pretty clear picture of the vehicle in my drivers side mirror. Now, I know that there's an eclectic mix of vehicles in the MSP fleet, however a minivan didn't pass the sniff test. Confirmed when I saw livery plates on the vehicle as it passed by...

I gave the vehicle description and plate number to the 911 operator and the Trooper who answered at SP Andover, hopefully they were found and gigged accordingly.

Nothing I hate more than whackers. Sure, I'm frustrated as shit I haven't gotten my shot, but fuck man, don't wire up your ride like a Christmas tree and push cars out of the way like you're somebody you certainly are not.

RodneyFarva and zm88 like this.
  2. DNorth

DNorth MassCops Member

Uh...we (ICE) have minivans, and use red and blue lights...not that it's a good thing!

3. Bloodhound

Bloodhound MassCops Member

Obviously I have no idea about this one, but there are many unusual vehicle/plates in use out there.

lofu likes this.
  4. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

Maybe it was Deuce:D

5. zm88

zm88 MassCops Member

I got stopped by a.busted up windstar in Mattapan on my way to work years ago. Definitely blended in, until two white guys in hoodies stepped out of it.

Mr Scribbles and BxDetSgt like this.
  6. Pvt. Cowboy

I did my due diligence prior to calling, and posting. BELIEVE ME, it didn't come back to any law enforcement agency. I'm not completely inept. Only partially.

Hush likes this.
  7. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Friend was in town today role playing for APP, had an officer from a neighboring dept in a black crown Vic with chrome rims, tinted rainshields, and chrome piping. Livery plates, looked decidedly un-whackerish, and un-PD...except for the lights behind the rear view.

8. GMass

GMass Guest

What academy is in APP?

9. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Lowell

10. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

If I get a "suspicious activity" call I'm expected to dispatch a units(s) to the area in a timely manner. If it turns out to be an actual B&E in progress the responding units have a shot at catching them. If it's not then that's good too because the store manager/owner will appreciate the fast response and the knowledge that their PD is looking out for their business.

11. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

When I worked TF, I had a fire engine red Impala at one time. It was a forfeiture vehicle, fuckers. So don't hate. I had a box if plates in my trunk. All came back to nothing.

Seen an unmarked sedan one time. Had his blues going. I get closer in my patrol car, and he shuts the lights down. Fucking Teach the Children plate in the car. I'm about to light him up and as I'm about to do it, I get a call for a fight or some such shit. I throw his plate in to the computer, and off I go. Fucking thing hits as a stolen vehicle/plate but by that time I am way gone.

An hour later I go by Troop H. What do you think is sitting right out front. Dot judge a book by its cover. UNDERCOVER CAR = SHIT YOU'D NEVER SUSPECT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MSP75, LGriffin, mtc and 2 others like this.
  12. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

You're a star, Pvt.!
    Plug in the business line contact 978-475-3800 for the next time you're out patrolling Rt. 3;)

mtc and Hush like this.
  13. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

Maybe Tim Murray got one of ICEs vehicles, since they arent allowed to use them.

Jeepy, frank, pahapoika and 1 other person like this.
  14. BxDetSgt

BxDetSgt MassCops Member

Years ago we were doing an OP one night in an unmarked minivan with "borrowed" plates from some where, driving back they popped as stolen. Nothing like getting felony stopped by a couple of rookies.

Twitchy, Mr Scribbles, frank and 2 others like this.
  15. Pvt. Cowboy

I'm no star, I just hate whackers.

Let me make sure I reiterate this too... Before I called, and posted, I did my due diligence to make sure it wasn't any agencies vehicle. Then again, I'd rather be WRONG about my assumption regarding the vehicle and do the right thing by calling it in, than do nothing at all.

Jeepy and zm88 like this.
  16. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

[​IMG]

17. OfficerObie59

OfficerObie59 Public Trough Feeder

I have seen some crazy unmarkeds...fight club rules...

BxDetSgt, LawMan3, frank and 2 others like this.
  18. southy88

southy88 MassCops Member

I called Boston once and as I'm waiting outside, a taxi rolls up. Fully decorated with the Hackney license on the back. I wasn't in the mood to deal with the tourists in the taxi so I walked away. Then, the passenger side window rolls down and there were two detectives inside.

19. Mr Scribbles

Mr Scribbles Mr Scribbles44.blogspot.com

Best part about the Taxi "unmarked"- if it's a slow night you can grab a few fares and skip your detail in the A.M. !

BxDetSgt, 263FPD, dano448 and 3 others like this.
  20. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

NYPD has a fleet of them.

21. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

When I was a BHA cop, I was dropping off some paperwork at the admin building on Chauncy Street. As I was leaving, a guy jumped into the back seat of my cruiser near Downtown Crossing, and told me to take him to the airport.

Mr Scribbles, Q5-TPR and pahapoika like this.
  22. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

#badcop

23. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

[​IMG]

LGriffin and zm88 like this.
  24. ccresta77

ccresta77 MassCops Member

That van passed me also. I was able to snap a short video on my cell phone as it sped by me. The plates definitely were MA Livery plates. Only reason I didn't call A-1 was because there was a NEMLEC swat callout in lowell around the same time. Strange choice for an unmarked though.

25. grn3charlie

grn3charlie Yeah, THAT GUY!

Here's how I roll in my unmarked

[​IMG]

LGriffin, USMCMP5811, mtc and 2 others like this.