Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Legion Post Offering Reward For Information

Video: Flag Defaced By Vandals At Little League Field

NEWINGTON, Conn. -- Jay Bottalico immediately new something was wrong when he looked at the flagpole at the Glen Lamire baseball complex in Newington -- the American flag had been vandalized.

"We were down here one night doing some work, and we happened to look out and see there's something wrong with that flag," he said. "So we ran out there and pulled it down, and sure enough there was graffitti on it."

The flag was spray-painted with the word "anarks," he said, and the letter "a" was circled.

The vandalism happened near a skate park that police said has had graffiti problems in the past.
"They would have had to lowered the flag and either take it down if it was a single person, or if they left it still attached to the pole, they would have needed more than one person to hold the flag out while the flag was spray-painted," Lt. William Darby.

And this wasn't just any flag American flag, police said. This flag had been donated by a Newington Little League coach who serves in the National Guard. He said they flag had been flown by American troops during the first Gulf War.

"To do this is past disrespectful," said Mayor Jeff Wright. "I served in the U.S. Marine Corps. It really hits a chord close with me."

Wright said he's contacted American Legion Post 117, and Post Commander Scott DelBuono said his group has offered a reward for information leading to an arrest.

"It's just a symbol of freedom, and many soldiers fight for that freedom," said DelBuono. "It's a disgrace that somebody would actually do that, especially in the Town of Newington."

http://www.wfsb.com/news/17609315/detail.html

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
"It's just a symbol of freedom, and many soldiers fight for that freedom," said DelBuono. "It's a disgrace that somebody would actually do that, especially in the Town of Newington."

They have no respect for anything or anybody. People fight not only for this country, but for them, and this is how they show the gratitude. I just get sick thinking about people like these pieces of shit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts