Groton Police | MassCops

Groton Police

Discussion in 'Massachusetts Employment' started by j809, May 8, 2018.

1. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

Full-time Police Officer
    Town of Groton
    The town of Groton Police Department is seeking full-time certified applicants to create an eligibility list for anticipated future openings for full-time Police Officer. Minimum Qualifications: U.S. citizen, Municipal Police Training Committee (MPTC) full-time academy certification, a minimum of one year full-time experience and be up to date on all required certifications, a valid License to Carry (LTC), minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent; associate‚Äôs degree preferred. Qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the process. Successful candidates will have the ability to pass a physical fitness test, two oral board interviews, background investigation, drug screen, psychological evaluation, and a medical evaluation. Candidates must be able to perform duties under stressful conditions and to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Candidates will be selected on their ability to serve the community and represent the town of Groton in a professional and courteous manner. The current yearly salary range is $54,704-$64,438. The town of Groton offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources Director, Melisa Doig, or by email to [email protected]. For questions please call (978) 448-1145. Job description available on request. Deadline for applications: May 25. The town of Groton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (posted 5/2 exp. 5/25)
    Spacer text
    Municipal Jobs
    Municipal Career Opportunities
    Ad Rates and Details
    Ad Submission Form
    Municipal Marketplace
    workers at work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. CapeSpecial

CapeSpecial MassCops Member

Nice area of the state to be in

3. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

Great PD great $ and very nice town and officers. No turnovers except retirements, one went to Lowell

Mitpo62 likes this.
  4. Mitpo62

Mitpo62 Subscribing Member

They're looking a new police chief too......

5. kdk240

kdk240 MassCops Member

From what little I know, virtually have no turn over I hear thed is a pretty happy Department...hear it' a good gig over all.

6. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

This position is from an officer that left and went to Lowell. Nobody usually leaves there

7. Mitpo62

Mitpo62 Subscribing Member

New chief coming in from Lunenberg; Lt. Luth.

8. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

Yes very good man

9. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

I work with those folks ALOT! Wicked pissah crew, wicked pissah town, good relations with Littleton, Pepperell, Ayer, and other area PD's.

j809 likes this.