GREAT Video on Tourniquet Use | MassCops

GREAT Video on Tourniquet Use

Discussion in 'Patrol' started by Hush, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

First of all, I hope by now EVERYONE is familiar with tourniquets and how to use them. And I hope you all carry one on your person. This is a great video from Las Vegas Metro of an officer involved shooting where the suspect suffered a femoral wound to the thigh. This is how much blood to expext, this is what it looks like. This is the difficulty threading the band of a CAT TQ through the buckle under stress. They applied it fast and well, and it saved this guy's life. I would recommend taking the few seconds to put on gloves before touching suspect blood... All in all, great job!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

visible25 likes this.
  2. Chitownlost

Chitownlost Internet "expert"

Great video for training here. And another example of if you don't carry it ON YOU, you don't have it. The car was close in this occasion, but look how fast the blood is coming out.

visible25 likes this.
  3. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Any kit is better than none, but it sounds like you got a great one. The trooper who was just shot in Pennsylvania saved his own life by self applying a tourniquet. A good belt pouch for your tourniquet is worth the investment.

Chitownlost and Ghost12345 like this.
  4. Chitownlost

Chitownlost Internet "expert"

I carry a swat-t tourniquet in a 10eleven kydex belt holder and a combat gauze in a vest pocket. I never notice them and I’m glad I have em.