Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that there was a worst colleges to work for and thought why not start a great colleges to work for and I have the first entry Emerson College. The reason why are its located in downtown Boston so the calls are very interesting. The Chief is a great person to work for.Finally There is an education incentive

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,715 Posts
Oh Jeezus!

Another highly informative topic! :D

·
Subscribing Member
1,322 Posts
MPD,

Honestly man, if you don't like a topic just don't read it. I'm not sure if you're overworked but your sarcasm lacks your usual wit.

·
Subscribing Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mpd61 what topics do you find important and we will talk about them. Anyway thanks for taking the busy time out of your schedule to read the topic.

·
Subscribing Member
4,347 Posts
Don't mind MPD61, he is under alot of stress, mostly from dumb topics generated here. :lol: But he is seeing a shrink at the VA three times a week and promises some positive changes soon!!

:roll: We are a little worried here at the station when he brings his AR-15 at work and cleans it for half the shift.

·
Subscribing Member
4,347 Posts
Here are the best college PDs to work for:

Harvard University PD
MIT PD
Boston University PD
UMASS Amherst
UMASS Dartmouth
UMASS Boston
Bridgewater State College PD
Massasoit PD
Babson College PD

[/url]

·
8,715 Posts
O.K.
I'm sorry...............Jared you're right;

Here's my opinion.
Any State College/University in TEXAS is great to work for.
Northeastern University in Boston.

Stand by..............I'll take it a step further.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I've also heard the same about Harvard, BU, & Bridgewater State. Just seem to be missing out on Campus Jobs, especially those. I have my eye on a few my way as well as in Boston. Any Suggestions? Heard a rumor Harvard is looking to put on a lot of new ofcs in the not too distant future.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I was talking to a HUPD officer last Sat. He told me that the talk is "35-40
new officers, over the next 2 years" and they have the $ for it. How true who knows, that's just what was told to me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I recently spoke with an Officer at HUPD regarding the 35-40 additional Officers that they are looking to add to their department over the next couple of years. That part is true, however, I inquired with their HR department about 3 weeks ago and was told that they were not looking to hire anymore people for this fiscal year. Who knows though? :eek:nfire:

·
Registered
42 Posts
If HUPD is not looing to hire "this fiscal year" that not all that bad. FY04 starts July 1. It sounds encouraging. I heard Harvard is a great place to work. [-o<

·
8,715 Posts
Ah......O.K.
HUPD is going to hire 35-40 Cops to the tune of about $1.2 million in salary? This is what the CFO and Trustees are buying off on? Wow! things are going well over there. How many total cops there now? Jeezuz, there will be more guys on a shift than in the Boston PD surrounding Precinct/Area.

·
MassCops Member
103 Posts
Harvard is going to be putting on a few very soon. I know several people that are having their backgrounds done.

·
8,715 Posts
Hey Hold on!!!

I have to change my vote to EMERSON College! Check out their "Just for fun" and "Unofficial" part of their website! What a laugh! I'm sure that the Trustees and parents will appreciate how these guys interact with the students while in uniform!
:shock: =D> :-k

·
Subscribing Member
502 Posts
Dude, the whole website is unofficial, you couldnt get that from the web adress being a personal AOL account and the wording saying Evening Shift website? Also, you should know what happens when you "assume". (Since there arent any students here).

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.