Grand jury probes death of illegal immigrant shot by US border authorities | MassCops

Grand jury probes death of illegal immigrant shot by US border authorities

Discussion in 'Illegal Immigration Issues' started by kwflatbed, Jul 12, 2012.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Grand jury probes death of illegal immigrant shot by US border authorities

Published July 11, 2012
    Associated Press
    • [​IMG]
      This June 19,2010 file photo shows relatives and friends of Anastasio Hernandez carrying a casket out of a church after funeral services in San Diego. (AP)
    SAN DIEGO – A federal grand jury is investigating the death of an illegal immigrant from Mexico who was shot by U.S. border authorities with a stun gun, suggesting the government is considering criminal charges after more than two years of silence on the politically charged case.
    Eugene Iredale, an attorney representing the family of victim Anastasio Hernandez, told The Associated Press on Wednesday that he understood attorneys from the U.S. Justice Department's civil rights division have been presenting evidence to the grand jury.
    A person other than Iredale who is close to the Hernandez family said two eyewitnesses to the incident have been called to testify Thursday in San Diego. The person, who spoke directly with the witnesses, requested anonymity because grand jury proceedings are supposed to be secret.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/11/grand-jury-probes-death-undocumented-immigrant-shot-by-us-border-authorities/?test=latestnews#ixzz20PWLTQOA

2. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Why? An illegal engaged in that behavior should be considered a hostile intruder, thus a non-person.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

3. Nightstalker

Nightstalker MassCops Member

This is probably the only LE job that I will never go after!! How is it that a law breaking illegal alien has more rights than a cop who was worn to uphold the law. It seems as if the US Govt never stands behind these guys.

Hush likes this.
  4. Meat Eater

Meat Eater MassCops Member

There is no justice in the Justice Department! They don't want the boarder secured.:mad:

5. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

Oh they do. Both of their hands on the agent's shoulders and feet greater than shoulder width apart for deeper thrusting.

Hush likes this.
  6. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

After I passed my background, I withdrew. Didn't want to move my family to a warzone to chase after a cause my employer truly has no interest in.

USMCMP5811 likes this.
  7. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

I hope this agent (if acted appropriately) does not take it up the bum like the last few did.

8. Herrdoktor

Herrdoktor MassCops Member

Great benefits, you learn Spanish and it's a good strepping stone into a federal career.

Some people thinks it's worth a shit gig for a few years if it helps you in the end.