Graduation Ceremony | MassCops

Graduation Ceremony

Discussion in 'MPTC' started by FEDMED, Feb 27, 2015.

1. FEDMED

FEDMED New Member

Good morning,

Hope I'm posting this in the right section. I was curious about the graduation/badge pinning ceremony for the State Police Municipal Academy. Are student officers allowed a certain number of guests? And also are close friends or family in law enforcement allowed to pin the badge during graduation? Any info would be great. Thank you.

2. cjmajor

cjmajor MassCops Member

I would address this question to your (if you're in the academy) staff instructors. During my academy the staff instructors addressed all of those questions as graduation day was a few weeks out. Good luck.

3. FEDMED

FEDMED New Member

Maybe it's not the SPMA and I misunderstood. Is there another academy run in Braintree?
    A good friend of mine may or may not be attending the academy and I'd like to attend graduation at the very least. I know it's pretty early but I'm assigned to the other side of the country so it'll take some planning on my behalf to come back.

4. felony

felony MassCops Member

Academy Cadre will tell the recruits what they need to know. Every academy is different.

5. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

That's just a minor detail. It's not like anyone needs to pay attention to details.

mtc and mpd61 like this.
  6. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

They have a "SPA" there? I could use a nail trim/buff and an exfoliation!

mtc likes this.
  7. USAF286

USAF286 MassCops Member

The Transit Academy is currently being held in Braintree, which had a recent graduation.

mpd61 likes this.
  8. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

Hmmm. RU Sure it wasn't Quincy? Used to be at Sea Street location.

9. USAF286

USAF286 MassCops Member

The T academy was in the Naval facility on Sea St. in Quincy, however the last few classes have been at the armory across from the Braintree PD. I believe the Naval building was undergoing renovations and the current class is expected to return there shortly.

bok likes this.
  10. bok

bok MassCops Member

USAF286,
    You are correct, the Sea Street location is under rehab.

11. USM C-2

USM C-2 MassCops Member

I *THOUGHT* the water tasted like cucumbers!