Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have been told that there is little the Union can do to stop this type of invasive oversight. Interesting that the Chief's vehicle doesn't have it installed, apparently he is never in any danger.

I have written before that when the managers of the agency I work for spoke on this, they felt everyone but they should have it in their cars. Their enthusiasm for the system seemed to be almost voyeuristic. It appeared that they felt the lower echelon bears watching because they are forever doing something wrong. Publicly they promote officer safety and when behind closed doors they snicker about how they can scrutinize every move.

If your department is like many that I am aware of then the administration of the new policy will suffer difficulties. The newness wears off and attention to detail wanes. Your best bet may just to be as careful as possible and conduct yourself professionally. As time passes, instances in violation of the policy will be missed due to inattention. Keep an accounting of these instances to show disparate treatment if a problem arises for a member.

We all try to comport ourselves to the established standards but our job often entails unforseen elements. Some things we cannot control. Try to appreciate the benefits of the system, don't overreact, and bide your time. Nothing is sweeter than killing them with their own sword.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.