Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
MassCops Member
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come to RI if you want a job!! That will be the message soon. If the Governor gets his pension reform through most department will lose 10-15 officers easily!!
Way to go Governor, change the rule to the ballgame in the 7th inning. POS!!!!!!!!!!:2up:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yes, come to Rhode Island and be a cop for 38 YEARS to reach you maximum retirement! Please don't get me started on what this governor has done to me and my fellow officers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think the governor is simply trying to stop the bleeding before the system itself- breaks. I am not saying it si right or wrong, but something has to happen...

·
Registered
18 Posts
ummmm ok? Definitely a mature and reasonable response that made alot of sense...?

I was just trying to bring an objective point of view.

·
MassCops Member
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the governor is simply trying to stop the bleeding before the system itself- breaks. I am not saying it si right or wrong, but something has to happen...
RIgal, looking from the outside it make look good but the law enforcement community is not happy with the governor. We are trying to keep our head above proverty.

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
All of the above.....I didnt feel like explaining..but it seems to me the Pols answers to all of the fiscal crisis is on the backs of Cops. If you dont know that im not sure what field your in and what Country you live in.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
The system is not broken, and it especially is not broken from the police pensions as we contribute into the pension system for our entire careers; stop reading the headlines of newspapers and do research before making a stupid comment.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The system is not broken, and it especially is not broken from the police pensions as we contribute into the pension system for our entire careers; stop reading the headlines of newspapers and do research before making a stupid comment.
I don't know why you constitute the comment as stupid...yes, a person that is a cop does contribute to his/her own pension thorughout their career, and yes it is a significant amount of their career. But where do you think the rest of the money comes from? it isn't a pension in which the employee is the sole contributor...it comes from tax payers as well.

I simply think the kinks in the system need to be worked out, that's all.

·
MassCops Member
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it comes from tax payers as well.
a lot of it comes from the Dow jones where these idiot politicians have put money and lost. Just like everything else the market will come back and the pension money will come back. Again, too much biased newspaper and not enough reading.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts