·
Subscribing Member
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.mosnews.com/news/2004/12/24/clouds.shtml

Russian Lawyer Privatizes Earth's Clouds, Plans to Sue for Property Damage
Created: 24.12.2004 17:01 MSK (GMT +3), Updated: 17:01 MSK

MosNews

A Russian lawyer made his contribution to helping the environment when he announced his privatization of all the clouds in the sky this week.

Vladimir Osipov, from the southern Russian town of Yeisk, showed up at his local notary office in the Krasnoyarsk region with a document affirming his ownership of all the clouds in the air over Earth, the Novye Izvestia daily reported.

"As derelict natural resources originating on Earth, not belonging at this point to any government or person, are my property," he declared in the document, which he is sending out to the governments of 150 countries.

But while privatization is often associated in Russia with shady schemes to make off with as much as possible before the next strongman takes it away from you, Osipov has privatized the clouds with more noble intentions. He will use his property rights to sue anybody who pollutes the atmosphere.

As the rightful owner, Osipov intends to sue anyone for damaging property that belongs to him. He has no intention, however, to trade in precipitation.

·
1,334 Posts
Privatize the clouds? What is that guy smoking? Next thing you know someone is going to claim they own the moon, sun, or stars... :roll:

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
They already have, ever hear of star registry?

frapmpd24";p="50694 said:
Privatize the clouds? What is that guy smoking? Next thing you know someone is going to claim they own the moon, sun, or stars... :roll:

·
1,334 Posts
Oh, yeah. I forgot about the star registry. The only time you ever hear about that is the BS infomercials on at 4:30am on Sundays or from some phony psychic trying to make a buck on TV.

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
By me around holidays like Mother's Day it's on the radio.

frapmpd24";p="50708 said:
Oh, yeah. I forgot about the star registry. The only time you ever hear about that is the BS infomercials on at 4:30am on Sundays or from some phony psychic trying to make a buck on TV.

·
1,334 Posts
VOR, very good idea. Fire off a letter to this buffoon lawyer in Russia stating you now own the atmosphere and he owes you rent for those clouds being there, retro to the beginning of time, say the big bang or so. And if the clouds rain, tack on some ridiculous user fee.

Wait until the first lawsuit gets filed, better hope it is not in Massachusetts, the new "owner" of the clouds might actually win in this state.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.