Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
1,209 Posts
Nice bro.

I got a MAPD app sitting on my desk.
Decided not to go with BEMA or you still going to do it?

Good luck.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
stm4710";p="50596 said:
Nice bro.

I got a MAPD app sitting on my desk.
Decided not to go with BEMA or you still going to do it?

Good luck.
yep still doing BEMA...waiting for Mike to get back to me as to when to start...i changed my work schedule starting w/e 1/15/05 so that week is the earliest i could start...see ya soon

·
Subscribing Member
1,209 Posts
I tried PM ing you Weezle but to no avail. Good job on the interview. Cant wait to get another normal person down at BEMA. :wink:

You get to take our in house CERT program in April its pretty decent. Mike yacking away about disasters is not fun. The hands on stuff is fun. You get to do search and rescue in confined spaces----in the dark even, rescue cribbing ie picking up concrete slabs off victims, CPR and First Aid, firefighting......you use a fire extingusher to put out a gasoline fire and you are also instructed in basic firefighting. Then after that we have a complete disaster mock up drill were you search a building for victims at night, under real life conditions. Its a 3 day class and like I said, the hands on stuff is fun.

These are my photos (even though I am in some of them ) from the last class in October.

Cert

·
Registered
160 Posts
That's great. Chief Ramos is a good guy. He was one of my professors in college...A few kids I was in class with hooked up with him for AUX. The only thing is you have to pay for all your equip. even know its a wealthy dept. But hey...good luck!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
stm4710";p="50718 said:
I tried PM ing you Weezle but to no avail. Good job on the interview. Cant wait to get another normal person down at BEMA. :wink:

You get to take our in house CERT program in April its pretty decent. Mike yacking away about disasters is not fun. The hands on stuff is fun. You get to do search and rescue in confined spaces----in the dark even, rescue cribbing ie picking up concrete slabs off victims, CPR and First Aid, firefighting......you use a fire extingusher to put out a gasoline fire and you are also instructed in basic firefighting. Then after that we have a complete disaster mock up drill were you search a building for victims at night, under real life conditions. Its a 3 day class and like I said, the hands on stuff is fun.

These are my photos (even though I am in some of them ) from the last class in October.

Cert
That seems cool...looking forward to it!.....Yea mike hasnt given me a call back so I am going to give him a call tomorrow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.