Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience with "F/T Military Substitute Police officer" thats what I got a card for today. So an officer is on active duty and they are hiring someone and put them through the academy, but they must 'vacate' when that officer returns?

I'm confused by what all this means, HRD was able to shed some light on it, but I jsut curious if anyone has seen what has happened to substitute officers once thier time is up.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Take the academy. Even if you do have to vacate when the officer returns. Civil service, you should be able to lateral somewhere I would assume. Who knows I could be wrong but at least you trained, that cant hurt. Just my :2c:

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,799 Posts
JUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get up and RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!take that position you damn fool!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Subscribing Member
1,322 Posts
From what I remember a municipality can appoint someone a Police Officer and have them work F/T for a year with only the R/I Academy. I would be very surprised to see an agency cough up the $$ to send someone through the whole MPOC just to loose them when the regular officer comes back (esp. if he/she is only on an 18 month deployment). If you have a really good job now I would get as much detail as possible about this form of appointment before jumping in with both feet.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Jump on it definitely! They will send you to the academy and if you have to vacate it they will appoint you there permanent intermittent list so you will be on stand by for the next full-time slot. A wise man once said, "You are crazy if you turn down a civil service job"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.