Good things that happened today | Page 10 | MassCops

Good things that happened today

Discussion in 'Just Shootin' The Breeze' started by CJIS, May 20, 2010.

1. cc3915

cc3915 Well-Known Member Staff Member

The Jets lost. :wavespin:

2. KozmoKramer

KozmoKramer Administrator Staff Member

Jeez, leave it to you Sine. I just popped in All Fired Up.
    I haven't listened to that in 15 years.
    I'm bouncing between Fastway and Zebra. Having myself a nice 83' flashback.

3. DoD102

DoD102 MassCops Member

I woke up!!! :smug:

4. Boston Irish Lass

Boston Irish Lass MassCops Member

I took my right as an American citizen very seriously and VOTED with my daughter attached to my hip as usual.

But the fun part was stuffing two rude men at the check in table.

Gave my name and street address, one of the men asks my daughter (who is standing there in her school uniform) "What school do you go to?"

She replies Notre Dame sir. "No, no - you go to this school right?" - "No sir"

The guy I gave my info to says "You're a Republican AND she goes to private school? You must be rich."

I found that rather offensive and inappropriate, but I smiled sweetly, laughed it off and said "Not quite"

So the jerkoff talking to my daughter says but you're Republican - and he said it very sarcastically.

My response?

I'm not Republican because I'm rich. I'm Republican because I believe people should work hard, teach their children values and come to the country legally. You know, like the Democrats USED to believe. SHE goes to private school so that she will ALWAYS salute the flag and say a prayer.

I wanted to give him the big GFY - but my daughter did it for me without even meaning to. A great big smile and a "Nice to meet you sirs" and off we went.
    Some days, I really REALLY love that kid :wavespin:

5. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

What a good kid. You taught her well. And, I have to say you and she were a lot nicer than I would have been. I would have had to tell him that yes, I am in fact rich & that I only brought my private school educated child with me because she needs to see how the other side lives. It would have been a complete lie, but since it sounds like the guy was a democrat he should be used to it.

6. Simon

Simon Guest

Still on Cloud 9..........

7. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Supernatural wavelength connections...

Don't ask me to explain.

8. Tango_Sierra

Tango_Sierra MassCops Member

I didnt exhist ! :tounge_smile:

9. retired2000

retired2000 MassCops Member

Over the last two months my life has tanked. Almost everyday something life altering has happened. I'll bounce back. Now for the good news. I'm still sober.

10. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

Keep your chin up, dont let the bastards win.
    My good news, they caught the douches that broke into my truck. I may even get some of my shit back :)

11. cc3915

Jeff Perry, Jim McKenna, Tommy Foley and the Red Sox won and Guy Glodis lost. Plus, some nice Tea Party wins around the country. Looking forward to 2 November.

12. Simon

Simon Guest

Insert "future ex wife" joke here. LMAO bro.

13. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Had a fantastic overnight shift last night. 1 call in 12 hours, and driving the Medic rig Priority 1 from Danvers to Boston made me feel like a little kid! It was definitely worth the exploding colostomy bag. Still getting used to the idea that Im getting paid to sleep sometimes. Not a lot, but enough I could start to resent sleeping on "my own time." Maybe I could be a hose dragger after all......nah still wish the lights overhead were blue.
    For the first time, I'm really enjoying a job...can't wait to get started on my career!

14. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Watching 20+ wild turkeys this morning in the back yard.

15. cc3915

And you didn't drink any of them?

16. Simon

Simon Guest

The new Maxim came today with 3D Anna Kornikova. YUMMY. I Googled a drooling smily and came up with this. It'll do.

[​IMG]

17. cc3915

I can only imagine the strange posts we're going to see from you now. :shades_smile:

18. Simon

Simon Guest

Still on Cloud 9............. :wavespin:

19. Eagle13

Eagle13 #FYPM

2 more days to baby! (If the stubborn kid doesn't come by then)

20. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

I had no doubt that was coming, but fuck it it was my first time and at least it was in some sort of official capacity :smug:

Dave, might be out your way Tuesday night grabbing drinks at Brew City.

21. HistoryHound

I, momentarilly, have no one to nag. After months of haunting them, I finally got the records from my former doctor's office. Can't read them, but at least I finally got the damn things. I've only been asking for them since April. And, the DPW finally took down the dead tree that the city said (in writing) needed to be cut down. It only took them since last December to do it. Finally, got my washing machine replaced. That only took 6 weeks. Thanks Home Depot. Maytag can kiss my ass.

What am I going to do with all the free time that I will have now that I don't have to haunt these people?

22. jettsixx

jettsixx Had enough

There is always the comments section of the Trash & Gossip or the Herald.

I got an 8 hr lucrative detail today. :smug:

23. Simon

Simon Guest

A supervisor called me from work this morning and commended me for something I did yesterday. I almost dropped the phone. AND.......... He apologized for waking me. Maybe I was dreaming.........:wavespin:

24. jettsixx

jettsixx Had enough

Another detail :teeth_smile:

25. Beal Feirste

Beal Feirste MassCops Member

26. 263FPD

263FPD Well-Known Member

I hear he is writing an email to the web site below to put you in for a medal

Awards_Program

27. HistoryHound

Keep it up. They're watching you at the Herald :smug: I'm going to have plenty of idiots to argue with over there if you keep this sort of activity up.

My favorite one:

For those folks that know in their hearts that they deserve an award, even when the bastards in charge don't notice. Notice they only need a supporting document not documents. I guess the small administrative fee is proof enough of one's good work on the job.

The other day I came across an award that I got last year.

MOST SHIT ON AWARD

Your ability to be shit on has been noticed at the work place.
    The way you handle it is exceptional.
    People suck but there's a silver lining,
    the people that you hate will die someday.
    Life's tough, get a helmet.

Presented to me by my family. Written by my oldest (I swear I have no idea where she gets that sarcastic streak.)