Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a printed article I can post but I was just watching the 12 o'clock news on Channel 5 and Mumbles announced in some kind of press conference that "we will be holding a police class sometime this Fall to increase our numbers." Now I don't know much about BPD but if a "Police Class" is anything like an academy this could be cause for celebration for those who got the shaft just before Christmas last year. :t:

·
Out of the Loop
2,512 Posts
I read in the Globe a few weeks ago that he wants to put through a class of 60. However, BPD is still a civil service city... so doesn't that mean that the others laid off in the state get the first shot? I just don't know about this...

·
Subscribing Member
530 Posts
BPD is a civil service city but there is a residency requirement once hired. Which is good for the BPD hopefuls because how many laid off police are going to relocate to boston

·
Subscribing Member
4,316 Posts
I know three guys that got layed off and they hope to get on Boston PD. They have no problem moving there, real estate prices are high but you can still find homes at good prices. The only thing is that they have to go through the whole BPD academy, i believe it's 28 weeks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I hope the class goes in before 11/1/03 so the current list is used. The original 60 that were fully processed (psych, drug, PAT, meds) and promised employment were royally hosed. Not to mention it was a few days before Christmas to boot. I know the current list has changed, guys updating vet status, laid off POs, but hopefully the majority of that original 60 still get a shot. :roll:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I recently spoke with HRD about layoffs and there prioritys. The only agency thats civil service and is NOT required to hire layoffs is boston they do not have to hire layoffs all other citys/towns do. So to the officers layed off and hoping for Boston sorry and for you canidates waiting for your class good luck.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well, I know that in October 20th, Boston PD. is putting an academy. i was told by one of the candidates that they are going to be 55 in the class so GOOD LUCK TO THEM ALL!!!!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Boston is pathetic.....It is pretty sad that you can only get hired if you live in the city for at least a year before the exam......it puzzles me why no residents put boston down as a selection. :-s

·
Out of the Loop
2,512 Posts
Well, it's even more pathetic that those of us who do already work for the City and HAVE to live in it. Housing costs are outrageous, taxes are outrageous and insurance is outrageous. And the city is constantly crying poor mouth... offering some unions no money for the next contract or 1%, and yet they will not get rid of the residency requirement, forcing us to live in a place that we can barely afford on our salaries. :cussing:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Officer Dunngeon said:
Well, it's even more pathetic that those of us who do already work for the City and HAVE to live in it. Housing costs are outrageous, taxes are outrageous and insurance is outrageous. And the city is constantly crying poor mouth... offering some unions no money for the next contract or 1%, and yet they will not get rid of the residency requirement, forcing us to live in a place that we can barely afford on our salaries. :cussing:
Amen to that............

·
Registered
168 Posts
All of the money goes into the corrupted teachers union, because the teachers; [-X complain about not being paid enough, which the last time i read the paper our public schools were operating below par. Not only that, but we are paying millions for the worst construction operation ever, ie. Big Dig. Which might I add we will probably dish out more money to fix the leaks. So I am surprised there is any money to support a class. I like Boston nice city, but can not stand the politics.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.