GM laying off 1300 due to low Volt sales | MassCops

GM laying off 1300 due to low Volt sales

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by cc3915, Mar 2, 2012.

1. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

General Motors Co. announced the temporary suspension of Chevrolet Volt production and the layoffs of 1300 employees, as the company is cutting Volt manufacturing to meet lower-than-expected demand for the electric cars.
    "Even with sales up in February over January, we are still seeking to align our production with demand," GM spokesman Chris Lee said. The car company had hoped to sell 45,000 Chevy Volts in America this year, according to the Detrot News, but has only sold about 1,626 over the first two months of 2012.

http://campaign2012.washingtonexami...tial/gm-laying-1300-due-low-volt-sales/406771

2. Meat Eater

Meat Eater MassCops Member

Get rid of the electric motor and put in a good 4 cylinder thats good on gas. They will sell like crazy.

corsair likes this.
  3. topcop14

topcop14 Subscribing Member

I guess the propaganda spread in Cars 2 is not working.

4. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

The last Chevy I owned was miserable POS money pit. I wouldn't buy another

5. corsair

corsair Guest

They want $40000 for the volt, no thanks!
    [​IMG]

6. corsair

corsair Guest

7. Tuna

Tuna Always entertained

Ya and they cost an arm and a leg to charge them then you only get X amount of miles before you have to get them back to the charging station. Not for me. Give me a full size Ford SUV and a sport boat with 2 outboards, I don't care, I wont be around for $10 a gallon.

corsair likes this.
  8. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

If I wanted to save money on gas... I'd move to Florida and ride a motorcycle all year long.

$45k for an economy car is RETARDED economics. Buy a Mazda 3 for $15k that gets 40 mpg. Save the other 30k... Idiots.

USMCMP5811 likes this.
  9. Herrdoktor

Herrdoktor MassCops Member

I wish Ford and Chevy would sell some of the diesels here that they sell in Europe.

10. OCKS

OCKS Guest

When Obama gets the price of gas up to 5 bucks a gallon then they may sell.

11. Meat Eater

Meat Eater MassCops Member

Two years ago I got a $6500.00 tax credit for buying an electric car. The web site was Just Drive Electric. The electric car was a street legal 4 seat golf cart/ NEV. I just had to pay $500.00 to have it shipped from the west coast. I use it in New Hampshire at my camp. It goes about 30 miles between charges. I feel so much GREENER when i'm driving around with a red solo cup!:D

USMCMP5811 likes this.
  12. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

At least they look better than the Prius