Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with the Glock 27 .40cal or Glock 23 .40cal. My agency is transitioning to Glock and these are my options. Any input would be appreciated.

Stay safe!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've owned a G27 for 4 years, in which time it has been my daily off-duty carry piece and my back-up piece. I shoot with it every month (minimum 150 rounds). It has never jammed, misfed, or stove piped on me. It is most definitely the most reliable gun I have ever owned & I am extremely happy with it. (7,200+ rounds :D )

My department carries the G23, I've only been with this department for 10 months (having transferred from another). I also shoot this monthly and as of yet, have had no problems with it.

As a primary/ back-up combination, you can't do much better. The 27 will accept 23 magazines, which is a plus.

My one recomendation is to forgo the standard plastic sights, especially if your agency uses the Safariland 295 holster. You can have the gun come equiped w/ standard steel sights or night sights (highly recomended).

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
Great guns. They complement each other nicely.
Make sure that you DO NOT get the C in the 27. Get night sights, the Triijicons are the best Mepro not so good.

·
Subscribing Member
308 Posts
I just recently purchased a glock 27 for an off duty weapon. I have been to the range with it twice. It is a great gun, never jams. The only thing I did was get the add on piece on the magazine because I have a large hand that way my little finger has a place to grip

·
Registered
114 Posts
I should've mentioned that in my post above. the 27 definitely needs the grip extension, which is a replacement for the floor plate of the magazine. The most common are made by Pierce Grips. One is just an extension, while the other adds an extra round making the 9 round mag into a 10 round (which I have on both mags). The +1 extension works great, but it makes it slightly harder to rack the gun until its broken in (still never had a malfunction).

·
Subscribing Member
1,316 Posts
I owned a 27... I had to put an extension on my mags. Great gun, put over 9k rnds through it never had a stove pipe or misfire or a single malfunction. Great back up/concealed carry. If I own another glock, any glock I am replacing the guide rod, putting a slide release extension and some good tritium night sights.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have owned both glock 23 and 27. I liked the 27 with the extended mag(+1) on the base. After shooting it alot with a 23 mag in it I decided to just keep a 23 and sold the 27 to another cop. I figured with the extra length in the mad I figured that whats another inch on the grip and muzzle. Glocks are real excellent guns to own.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Noone likes the Glock 22 huh?? I have the 22 for my duty gun...and it fits my hand like a glove. I couldnt ask for a gun to fit any better in my hands. I guess the model depends on the size of your hands. I have shot the 27 and 23 and I like them all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts