GLOCKS

MODEL 19 9MM 1ST GENERATION 3 MAGS $450
MODEL 26 9MM 3RD GENERATION 2 MAGS $450

LTC + FT POLICE ID
PM IF INTERESTED

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
I just want to ask a question maybe you can answer. Why would you or anyone else require a police id....the ltc class1 I totally understad..but is there a reason for the other.....again im just wondering.

·
Registered
238 Posts
his third gen glock(assuming he bought it on a letter) isnt supposed to be transferred to anybody outside law enforcement. remember that the state of massachusetts has deemed glocks to be unsafe and dangerous. if your involved in an off duty shooting with one(leo duty guns and preban models exempt) your wide open to litigation.

his g1 doesnt require any such stipulation. only randbo can speak as to why he will only sell it to a cop. and while it is certainly a persons sole prerogative to ask whatever price they want for their property, 450 for a first gen glock is a tad optimistic, even in mass.

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
Ok that makes sense..I was just wondering . I thought in Ma..if you had a ltc class 1 you could own weapons like that ...thanks for the clarification.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Ok that makes sense..I was just wondering . I thought in Ma..if you had a ltc class 1 you could own weapons like that ...thanks for the clarification.
YOU CAN!

you just have to undersatnd pre and post ban. the ban became effective 10/21/98. it stated that all firearms that had not been independantly certified by the ag's office were no longer legal to sell. any gun that had been registered in ma prior to that date was still legally transferable.

so you can buy 2 generation glock all day long in ma as long as they are pre ban. the third generation frame was technically mass compliant for several weeks. they had been tested and approved by the ag. then he decided to change his mind and pulled their compliance. all new glocks bought during this period were requested to be returned. some folks dilligently returend thier guns. some didnt. this makes them very rare.

law enforcement has been excempt from all this malarky since the beggining. all they need is a letter from their chief or designated person stating the letter is for duty use. they send that to the distributer who then ships the gun to your ffl.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The AG rules and EOPS list only apply to FFL sales and transfers.

For example, say someone moves into Massachusetts and that person already owns a 3rd gen Glock (or Springfield XD, or Kimber, or whatever else isn't available here). That person can apply for their LTC-A and if they receive it, they can sell the gun to another MA resident who is properly licensed (LTC-A for high capacity, LTC-B for low). The person would have to do a a face to face transfer via an FA10 form (limited to 4 per year). That person could not transfer through an FFL because the FFL is restricted to both the AG rules where applicable and EOPS where applicable.

So, the original poster can sell the G26 to anyone in MA who has an LTC. So, I'd like to buy it. Please PM me. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts