Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glass Burgers

5K views 28 replies 20 participants last post by  Harley387 
#1 ·
TAMPA, Fla. - Two sheriff's deputies were hospitalized after eating broken glass mixed in with the onions on their McDonald's cheeseburgers.

Stuart O'Shannon and Daniel Witt stopped at the restaurant Thursday for their evening meal break, said Lt. Rod Reder, a spokesman for the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Department.

O'Shannon, 32, was airlifted to a hospital, where he was diagnosed with internal injuries that were not life-threatening. Witt, 24, was treated at the scene but later admitted to a hospital for a more thorough examination, Reder said.

Authorities closed the restaurant and detained 17 employees for questioning, Reder said. No arrests were made Thursday and the investigation was continuing.

McDonald's is cooperating with the investigation, said company spokesman Bill Whitman.

"Obviously, we're taking this situation very seriously," he said. "Our customers and the safety of our restaurants, food safety in particular, is of the utmost importance to us."

--Can you believe this shit!, watch what you eat guys,--

See less See more
G
#5 ·
Heads up from Greenfield, MA

Last week a citizen came into the station to report that he had purchased a hamburger from Wendy's (Federal street). After his first bite, he found a cigarette and clump of hair inside the burger. When he confronted the employees, they laughed at him.
boycott the place until the owner does some employee purging.

#8 ·
Riggs said:
TAMPA, Fla. - Two sheriff's deputies were hospitalized after eating broken glass mixed in with the onions on their McDonald's cheeseburgers.

--Can you believe this shit!, watch what you eat guys,--
Oh ya, I can definitely believe it! I feel very sorry for these two guys, but for Christ's sake, please use common sense when dining out in uniform. I don't mean to come off as paranoid, but it's a little naive to think that there aren't some places (probably more than we're aware of) where a cop's food isn't going to get screwed with. Some of my old partners from a previous job I was on used to love to swing into the drive through of our local Wendy's when in the cruiser, it used to drive me nuts, they just didn't get it. ](*,)

#9 ·
:lol: Didn't any of you guys watch "Super Troopers" LMAO
Quote Officer Farva: "Does that look like spit in my burger?"

All jokes aside, what happened isn't funny, the sad truth is you're better off to bring food from home....Lord knows what other undetected "condiments" have been added to that greasy burger!!!

#12 ·
I use to work with this guy who one time asked me if I wanted to split a pizza for lunch.
He then called in the order to the local pizza shop and said that will be for officer head up my ass at the police dept. Needless to say, I told him I hope you're real hungry because you are now the sole owner of that delicious pie. :HS:

#13 ·
I personally stay away from Micky D's ( kills my stomach) but if i do have to eat out I order over the phone and pick it up.
I wait an extra 5 min or so, so I know my food is already bagged .
One guy i work with refuses to give his real name because he thinks it sounds to ethnic and that would give somebody a reason to mess with his food.
There are certain areas of town this could happen.
Best thing is to brown bag it or go to a salad bar where you can make it yourself or if you know a COP friendly establishment. Happy eating all !!!!!

#14 ·
Aah, some more life to this thread :D. I stopped ordering for delivery sometime last year (bringing lunch is sometimes better) Nevertheless recently, I found myself thumbing through the layers of a fast-food burger after thinking of this topic...didn't find anything. Hopefully I'm not too paranoid (yet), but the thought of what someone could do to my food bothers me. When I was a kid at summer camp, the kitchen had a sign in front of it "Don't piss off the cooks."

Hmm...maybe a thread on cop-friendly places to eat...

#15 ·
I've been known to toss a coffee in the trash can right after the driveup window, or just drive off when the guy looks at me funny or disappears from view for a few seconds when the whole coffee set up is right in front of the window in plane view... what's he doing around that corner???

I wasn't so paranoid until I got Mono out of no where (mainly transferred in saliva)... I wasn't kissin' anybody new, but I've never been so sick in my life. I have no doubt one of those respectable young employees didn't have the stones to tell me how he felt in person. :x

There's another place down the street that's makes it right in front of you and it costs $0.12.

#19 ·
PearlOnyx said:
I was working a detail today, and it was hot as hell, and I had a nice older gentleman pass by me and hand me a Fruit20 flavored water thing. I found myself thinking of this post. It was sealed, but I'm thinking to myself "What could be on the top of this bottle??" :wink:
Don't laugh, I remember awhile back there was a group of meatheads giving out sealed drinks, but they were using a syringe to squirt crap into it. :twisted: Scumbags.

#22 ·
Was he driving a Benz with a similar patch of the ones worn by the MSP. Some folks may think he is a well paid trooper by the car he drives, but he is actually a sick constable who drives the state in search of individuals who fall for his lollipop trick. Just be thankful you didn't take it, otherwise you would have fell in to a sleep and then after twelve hours you would have awoken naked and bound with a gimp ball in your mouth. I have heard the stories of this predator, he even remodeled his house to look like a MSP barrack. :shock:

#23 ·
Doughnut33 said:
I got offered a bottle of water on a warm day this past week, and although it was a kind gesture, I politely declined. I try not to accept anything that could be construed as a "gift" or a "favor." Sometimes intentions are hard to see and may lead to complications later :? .
I say.. "Nah, I already have one, but thanks.." ..then call someone to bring you one before you do die of thirst...

#26 ·
...Just came across this and thought it might be worth sharing here...

Ananova.com
13:45 Monday 7th June 2004

Former cook 'put semen in sandwiches'

A former cook at an Illinois restaurant has been ordered to stand trial after putting his semen in sandwiches. Police said that Anthony J. Lindhorst, of Waterloo, Illinois, deliberately contaminated food on at least two occasions by putting his semen into honey-mustard dressing. A police spokeswoman said 26-year-old Lindhorst targeted "people that he didn't like, for one reason or another." He's been charged with aggravated battery and will stand trial on four counts, says the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. One of the victims was a woman in her early 40s. The other was a male police officer who had issued a traffic ticket to Lindhorst. [:shock:] Police said Lindhorst had worked at the restaurant for about a year until he was sacked in April for bringing brownies to work that he had baked with marijuana. Lindhorst served the brownies to two co-workers and that two of the aggravated battery charges stem from that incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.