Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

Subscribing Member
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A MAN who barricaded himself and a six-year-old girl into a house in Scarborough was arrested after the 39-hour siege ended today.
At around 2.30pm the six-year-old was led away from the property in Herdborough Road, Eastfield, through the cordon of armed police who have been surrounding the property since Monday evening.

Minutes later, the man, named as Paul Eames, was brought out, placed into a police van and driven off.

The 32-year-old's parents Margaret and David Eames, from Doncaster, had earlier made a tearful TV appeal for him to end the stand-off.

Negotiations by police and the child's mother to try to end the siege had continued throughout this morning.

Last night the man could be heard shouting to police officers in the garden. At one point he was heard to say: "I'm going to die tonight."

He also made comments about his girlfriend and his domestic arrangements.

Speaking at a news conference this afternoon, Superintendent Simon Mason said the little girl was safe and well but could not confirm if she had been reunited with her mother.

"For any little girl to go through this is not ideal, but she has been brave," he said.

The alarm was raised at 11pm on Monday after the man phoned a satellite TV station, claiming to have stabbed the little girl's mother.

The ambulance service said a woman had been taken to Scarborough hospital with a wrist injury shortly after midnight.

Neighbours said the woman had escaped from the house an hour after the man burst in, by running across gardens.

She returned at noon yesterday with North Yorkshire Police negotiators after firearms officers cordoned off the street. Residents said screams had been heard from the back of the terrace house from the child, who was shouting to be let out.

A police spokesman said: "Police were called following initial reports of a domestic disturbance. We believe there was a potential threat to life. Firearms officers were called in.

"Police negotiators are on the scene. The police intention is to resolve the incident without harm to anyone involved."

An ambulance and paramedic unit had been on standby at the end of the street.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.