Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is a Pat prep guide on the gov site but I was just wondering what you might do to prepare for that "just in case" chance of a lifetime? To put it simply, I do cardio, great diet, some lifting. Any input is greatly appreciated.:jump:

·
Subscribing Member
397 Posts
If you are talking about the Mass PAT, as long as you are not a fat slob, you can pass the PAT. The off side gun thing way be tricky. I suggest using those squeeze thingies.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah, I'm kinda a big guy and I passed it. The hardest thing is just keeping pace and FOLLOWING THE DIRECTIONS. I saw some people fail because they made them redo things and they ran out of time.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
If you can bend over and tie your shoes you can pass the PAT.

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
You should train with the mentality that you are going to end up in the academy at some point. Don't train for tests. Train for tangible results that are going to make you a better officer when you get the chance. You never know when you could hit the lottery. I was at a PT test last week for a town, and it was pitiful how some people rolled in. It was like they walked into a physical pop quiz and got spanked...:beat:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.