Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyway to get hired by two departments? If I sign as a reserve for one department am I still able to get hired in my hometown? Both are civil service? Any info is great! Thank you.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Answer in short, NO. Once you accept the P/I job, your name is removed from the list. Wishfull thinking though. A short thought. Once you get on as a P/I, you can lateral as a P/I to that town and the next day they can appoint you full time.

·
Subscribing Member
1,281 Posts
Vino, I made some calls to X town....dont worry about getting off the C/S list anytime soon :twisted:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do I come off the list when I sign? or is it when I accept the job? Is there an MGL that states you come off of the list? If so, what is it?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Vino, you do come off ALL other lists when you sign. Read the back of your postcard, it should be all spelled out...

-Mike

·
Registered
145 Posts
tomahawk said:
Vino, you do come off ALL other lists when you sign. Read the back of your postcard, it should be all spelled out...

-Mike
You only come off the list when you ACCEPT the job and are appointed, not just sign.

·
Registered
561 Posts
D'oh... wish I read my card correctly... it says "appointee must be removed from eligible list" -- q5, you are right, you are not an 'appointee' until you are hired.

-Mike :oops:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Unless of course you are like me and get hired for both police and fire departments in the same town. This can be considered two departments.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.