Generation Kill | MassCops

Generation Kill

Discussion in 'Military News' started by 7costanza, Mar 4, 2009.

1. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

2. StbbrnMedic

StbbrnMedic fraggle tamer

Damn. Sucks not having HBO.

3. KozmoKramer

KozmoKramer Administrator Staff Member

Eh? Huh? Wha? No HBO?
    What's Fra doing Medic? Got you in a big hole putting the lotion on the skin?

4. 7costanza

From what I was told this is based on actual events,a writer went over and stayed with them and documented everything. When they decided to do a film or series they used 2 or 3 of the Marines in it.

5. StbbrnMedic

StbbrnMedic fraggle tamer

No... I have him tied nekked to a chair posting on masscops when I tell him to. Makes it really hard for him to work details so we can afford it, but hey, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do! ;)

That's amazing 7. I'm hoping it'll be out in DVD format so I get to see it.

6. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

Been my experience that anything from HBO?sHOWTIME or CinEMAX relating to firearms,military or police or conservatives is biased and definately not in our interest.

7. 7costanza

Band of Brothers and Taking Chance ??

8. 7costanza

9. Nuke_TRT

Nuke_TRT Stirrer of the Pot

You could almost follow the Chapters. Capt America and all.

10. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

Sorry I was refering to their documentries

11. 7costanza

Taking Chance, Band of Brothers and Generation Kill....arent they all documentaries? or I guess mini series/ movies based on real events.

12. justanotherparatrooper

The latter I believe Costanza.

13. WaterPistola

WaterPistola Subscribing Member

it's practically the entire book in film format. Good Series...anyone looking to buy it though, HBO charges an arm and a leg for their series

14. 7costanza

Thanks myself and JAP and im sure others were wanting to make sure it wasnt some liberal slam on the US Military....I will find it online and post it, im off so ill watch it and give my Siskel and Ebert.

15. co2

co2 MassCops Member

I bought the box set. It is great. If you were in the Corp you can understand it more.Lot of funny parts.I do recomend watching it.

16. 7costanza

Thanks for the input...may I ask how much the box set was?

17. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

I thought generation kill was awesome, bought the box set when it was on sale at best buy. Think it was like 39.99 for my dvd version. There's a blue ray version thats considerable more, something around 80-90 bucks.

18. CTrain

CTrain New Member

You can get the box set at Circuit City for much cheaper now with their going-out-of-business sale. The Lt. in that platoon (Lt. Nathanial Fick) wrote a great book as well, entitled One Bullet Away: The Making of a Marine Officer.

19. 6083

6083 New Member

band of brothers and generation kill were great books. i think they left out some parts from the book in generation kill in the mini series tho. band of brothers is by far there best mini series. taking chance was a great flick too. idk if anyone remembers Malarky from Band of Brothers but he came out with a book last year, really great read if you can find it.

20. justanotherparatrooper

I read that book and it was excellent.

21. WaterPistola

WaterPistola Subscribing Member

Great Book! gives you another perspective on the same events.

22. Air Force Cop

Air Force Cop sleepy and on a no dunkins diet

Generation kill was great imo. The little stuff about the "suck" and the reality of how FUBAR Uncle Sam is. Capt America was scary real. Of corse the book was just more, but very enjoyable- nothing beats on-demand

"Those fuckers at the MRE factory, 2 weeks of peanut butter, I want some fucking Jalopinos cheese!"

23. Hawk19

Hawk19 New Member

I loved this series. I always seem to enjoy anything David Simon produces/writes, especially his two series that center around the Baltimore PD, Homicide: Life on the Street, and The Wire.

24. justanotherparatrooper

Thats just cause you guys put in your own special filling and trade off. :)

25. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

Ensino Man wasn't much better.