Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf, who led coalition forces in the Persian Gulf War, dies | Page 2 | MassCops

Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf, who led coalition forces in the Persian Gulf War, dies

Discussion in 'Military News' started by CPT Chaos, Dec 28, 2012.

1. CPT Chaos

CPT Chaos Subscribing Member

Outstanding! I love your posts!

2. USAF286

USAF286 MassCops Member

RIP Sir.

3. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

Our debt of gratitude could never truly be paid in full. Rest in Peace, if you so choose, sir.

Those were some of the BEST press conferences ever shown on TV. That guy was a STAR! Four to be exact.

frank and Delta784 like this.
  4. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

My favorite was when some moonbat reporter tried to downplay the clearing of a minefield.

Stormin' Norman glared at him, then said "I've been in a minefield. Have you"?

5. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

RIP sir. I guess it's safe now to say in public, I banged your daughter.. Multiple times.. Dirty, dirty girl.....

What the fuck, a helo? Hey, a little low there bro.. Rappel lines? Oh shi...................

frank likes this.
  6. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

H. Norman Schwarzkopf, the retired general credited with leading U.S.-allied forces to a victory in the first Gulf War, died today at age 78.

The man who Defense Secretary Leon Panetta today called "one of the great military giants of the 20th century" died in Tampa, Fla., where he lived in retirement, the Associated Press reported.

"The men and women of the Department of Defense join me in mourning the loss of General Norman Schwarzkopf, whose 35 years of service in uniform left an indelible imprint on the United States military and on the country," Panetta said in a statement. "My thoughts and prayers are with the Schwarzkopf family in this time of sadness and grief."

Schwarzkopf, called "Stormin' Norman" because of his reportedly explosive temper, led America to two military victories: a small one in Grenada in the 1980s and a big one as de facto commander of allied forces in the Gulf War in 1991.

"'Stormin' Norman' led the coalition forces to victory, ejecting the Iraqi Army from Kuwait and restoring the rightful government," read a statement by former Secretary of State Colin Powell, who was chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff during the Gulf War. "His leadership not only inspired his troops, but also inspired the nation."

WATCH: Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf to Saddam Hussein: 'Get Outta Town'

Gen. H. Norman Schwarzkopf Dies at 78

7. Roy Fehler

Roy Fehler MassCops Member

He died 3 years ago.

8. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

He's so badass that he came back to die again!

Oh, and threads merged.

Kilvinsky and LGriffin like this.
  9. Fuzzywuzzy

Fuzzywuzzy MassCops Member

A true 4 Star class act regardless of when he passed.

Kilvinsky likes this.
  10. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

It popped up as a memorial part of it did not copy

11. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

Chuck Norris couldn't even do that in his stretch crotch jeans.

Goose and Kilvinsky like this.
  12. Desert Storm

Desert Storm MassCops Member

RIP General!!!
    He was a GREAT leader no matter when he died.
    His leadership made everyone under his command PROUD.
    (That all started w/C &C) Way different than today.
    Yes it makes ME proud to have served under him.
    God Bless you General!!!
    I SALUTE YOU...