Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf, who led coalition forces in the Persian Gulf War, dies | MassCops

Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf, who led coalition forces in the Persian Gulf War, dies

Discussion in 'Military News' started by CPT Chaos, Dec 28, 2012.

1. CPT Chaos

CPT Chaos Subscribing Member

Norm.jpg

Published December 27, 2012 - Associated Press
    WASHINGTON – A U.S. official says retired Gen. H. Norman Schwarzkopf, who commanded the U.S.-led international coalition that drove Saddam Hussein's forces out of Kuwait in 1991, has died. He was 78.
    The official tells The Associated Press that Schwarzkopf died Thursday in Tampa, Fla. The official wasn't authorized to release the information publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity.
    A much-decorated combat soldier in Vietnam, Schwarzkopf was known popularly as "Stormin' Norman" for a notoriously explosive temper.
    He lived in retirement in Tampa, where he had served in his last military assignment as commander-in-chief of U.S. Central Command. That is the headquarters responsible for U.S. military and security concerns in nearly 20 countries from the eastern Mediterranean and Africa to Pakistan.
    Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...orces-in-persian-gulf-war-dies/#ixzz2GIoXKIxJ

2. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

Rest in Peace Sir! A soldiers soldier:(
    Best interview EVER, Gen Schwarzkopf and Bardra Walters(aka CUNT)
    Her " When you came back from Vietnam and protesters were spitting on your uniform ,how did you feel?"
    General " NO ONE EVER spit on my uniforn"
    Cunt " absolute silence"

7costanza, LGriffin, lofu and 2 others like this.
  3. CPT Chaos

Norm-Schwarzkopf.jpg

Rest in Peace Sir!

4. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

5. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

RIP You Have Earned It

6. corsair

corsair Guest

R.I.P. General Schwazkopf

7. zm88

zm88 MassCops Member

Rest in Peace

8. wwonka

wwonka MassCops Member

RIP SIR.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

9. Mr Scribbles

Mr Scribbles Mr Scribbles44.blogspot.com

Old soldiers never die, they just fade away...straight to heaven RIP General

10. dave7336

dave7336 MassCops Member

Rest in Peace Sir!

11. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

General Schwarzkopf was a true leader, the embodiment of American strength.
    'He was the son of America. The thunder and lightning of Desert Storm.'
    Rest in peace, General.

[​IMG]
    During the Gulf War, President George H.W. Bush rides in an armored jeep with General Norman Schwarzkopf in Saudi Arabia.

pahapoika, Goose and GARDA like this.
  12. BLUE BLOOD

BLUE BLOOD ...---...

R.I.P General, only wish you ran for office.

pahapoika, GARDA, 7costanza and 2 others like this.
  13. justanotherparatrooper

His father solved the Linberg Kidnapping I believe

14. CPT Chaos

Yes: His father served in the US Army before becoming the Superintendent of the New Jersey State Police, where he worked as a lead investigator on the 1932 Lindbergh baby kidnapping case before returning to an Army career and rising to the rank of Major General.

frank and justanotherparatrooper like this.
  15. CPT Chaos

His father served in the US Army before becoming the Superintendent of the New Jersey State Police, where he worked as a lead investigator on the 1932 Lindbergh baby kidnapping case before returning to an Army career and rising to the rank of Major General.

16. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

RIP General, it was an honor to serve under your command.

pahapoika, LGriffin and Killjoy like this.
  17. topcop14

topcop14 Subscribing Member

18. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

RIP, sir.

Ditto.

Delta784 and LGriffin like this.
  19. CPT Chaos

With all due respect, It's not a jeep, and that picture is about as Armored as a "sleeping bag!"

20. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

He was a great leader, he will be missed. He was an avid fisherman, my Father met him several times in the Keys and always spoke very highly of him.If you havent read his autobiography " It Doesnt Take A Hero" its a great read. RIP General.

GARDA and Delta784 like this.
  21. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

His famous quote was "It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle, it takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle".

I always wished he ran for President, I think he would have kicked Clinton's ass.

22. GARDA

GARDA Subscribing Member

True, but remember those are a reporter's words from a news article and this is the equivalent of when they describe a semi-auto handgun as a 'service revolver'. Says something about the sorry state of journalism.

I read Gen. Norman H. Schwarzkopf's (The Autobiography): "It Doesn't Take a Hero" upon my unit's Persian Gulf War deactivation, and when I later visited a buddy at West Point who showed me around campus it always struck me odd that "The Bear" had not yet been memorialized at his alma mater with a statue of his own?

Maybe now the big guy will finally get his due.

LGriffin and 7costanza like this.
  23. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

IMHO, if he was still serving or even around politics today he would have been lambasted, not by people that love America. The msm that put him on the cover of People as a Hero of The War, today would have demonized him to no end, he got out at the right time but man could we have used him over he last 8 yrs and believe me he was told that daily. Do you think People magazine today would give an oz of postive journalism towards a General...I dont.

imagesCAYWBUXC.jpg

frank, Delta784 and GARDA like this.
  24. GARDA

GARDA Subscribing Member

Agreed 7. Gen. Stanley McChrystal's demise at the hands of Rolling Stone (and his own unfiltered words) comes to mind, and perhaps Gen. Petraeus as well, but I can't help wonder if the events and emotions of Schwarzkopf's day differed, maybe just enough so as to contribute some?

Sure the the country has grown more war weary since then, but who among us hasn't grown more media leery from recent events, especially when their liberal agenda not only seeks but seems to be receiving a say in national policy?

Gen. John Allen's military future is still uncertain, but other Commanders serving under this administration in this social climate should avoid interviews with anyone except Stars and Stripes between the hours of Reveille and Taps, and may want to sleep using 50% security watch (one eye open at all times).

7costanza likes this.
  25. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

No offense taken. The caption came with the photograph.