Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just attended the California Gang Investigators 2005 Gang Conference in Anaheim, CA. There was a speaker there who was from the New Jersey DOC. His presentation was excellent. I noticed that New England, New Jersey and New York are loaded with Blood and Crip gangs that are either using LA based gang names or have some ties to LA?

I have been a gang officer out here for LAPD for the past 4 years. Specifically I work the biggest Blood gang in the city (Black P Stones). I have testfied up and down the state as a "gang expert."

I was wondering if any of your departments back there would be interested in having myself come out and give some basic or in depth training on LA based Black street gangs.

Being originally from Mass I would be honored to come back and help out any department that would like to be trained.

We are also starting to see a connection between MS-13 and Blood gangs, because they share a common enemy, 18th St.

Thanks and take care

Rob Murray - LAPD Southwest Gangs

·
Subscribing Member
2,280 Posts
Gangs in Massachusetts are primarily base from the New York area. In Massachusetts Hispanic, Asain and some black gangs (Boston, Brockton areas) Some are as follows:

Almighty Latin Kings and Queens Nation, Aisan Boyz, La Neta, La Familia, Latin Kings and Queen Charter Nation, Los Solidos, Skinheads, Tiny Rascal Gangsters, Great Circle Boyz, Nation of Gods and Earths or AKA Five Percenters.

Some high gang areas:
Boston, Brockton, Chelsea, Everett, Fitchburg, Framingham, Lawrence, Lowell, Medford, Somerville, Quincy, Springfield, Worchester, some on the Cape Cod areas as well,

·
Subscribing Member
211 Posts
Irishlacop,

The Massachusetts Department of Correction has a good web page of gang intelligence info on MA prison/street gangs.The two biggest in the MA prison system are the Latin Kings and Neta (a Puerto Rican based prison gang).Most of the black gangs are local Boston street gangs (Castlegate,etc.)

PS: I'm also a West Coast transplant, If you consider Nevada the west coast.I was a CO with the Mass. DOC for 5 years.I'm currently 9 weeks into the police academy for the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (Metro).We have a large and very busy Gang Unit.

http://www.mass.gov/portal/index.js...3=Security+Threat+Group+Information&sid=Eeops

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
http://www.segag.org/main.html

That is another good resource for gangs in the area...CT has plenty of them, mostly because of proximity to NYC...but we have our own problems with them, lately it's been mostly motorcycle gangs then anything...but you know how it is, it comes in waves.

·
2,297 Posts
kttref said:
http://www.segag.org/main.html

That is another good resource for gangs in the area...CT has plenty of them, mostly because of proximity to NYC...but we have our own problems with them, lately it's been mostly motorcycle gangs then anything...but you know how it is, it comes in waves.
The ALKN, NETAS and Solidos are huge in CT.

I noticed in your list you neglected to mention...Holyoke!!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Irishlacop said:
I was wondering if any of your departments back there would be interested in having myself come out and give some basic or in depth training on LA based Black street gangs.

Being originally from Mass I would be honored to come back and help out any department that would like to be trained.

We are also starting to see a connection between MS-13 and Blood gangs, because they share a common enemy, 18th St.

Thanks and take care

Rob Murray - LAPD Southwest Gangs
Rob, funding is always an issue in MA for officer training, BUT I have a friend who is a police commissioner in Brockton and if you send me a direct Email (you should be able to do that from this forum) with what you are offering, cost to the PD, etc. I will pass it along to him. No promises, but he has gone after and received grant money for some proactive training there and Brockton is a cesspool that definitely can use help in cleaning the place up (or at least controlling it). He's not really a computer person, so I doubt he'd ever become convinced to join or even look at this forum.:(

If you send me personal Email, please make sure that the title has something that will catch my eye as not-Spam (LE training, MassCops, etc.) as I don't usually open Email from unknown sources. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
bbelichick said:
The ALKN, NETAS and Solidos are huge in CT.

I noticed in your list you neglected to mention...Holyoke!!
Yeah yeah...that's very true. I should know, I have family in that area :)

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Hey we're both PO's now (well I'll be in 2 weeks technically), we can both pack heat....but the in-laws live in quiet Easthampton...not really too much of a danger :)

·
Subscribing Member
2,280 Posts
LenS said:
Rob, funding is always an issue in MA for officer training, BUT I have a friend who is a police commissioner in Brockton and if you send me a direct Email (you should be able to do that from this forum) with what you are offering, cost to the PD, etc. I will pass it along to him. No promises, but he has gone after and received grant money for some proactive training there and Brockton is a cesspool that definitely can use help in cleaning the place up (or at least controlling it). He's not really a computer person, so I doubt he'd ever become convinced to join or even look at this forum.:(

If you send me personal Email, please make sure that the title has something that will catch my eye as not-Spam (LE training, MassCops, etc.) as I don't usually open Email from unknown sources. Thanks.
Hey LENS,
If you can get a positive to do the training. I will try to get a place here at the college to do the training in.

·
Subscribing Member
4,324 Posts
"BUT I have a friend who is a police commissioner in Brockton"

I didn't know that BPD had a police commissioner. Please let us all know who he is.

·
Registered
456 Posts
j809 said:
"BUT I have a friend who is a police commissioner in Brockton"

I didn't know that BPD had a police commissioner. Please let us all know who he is.
Brockton (AFAIK) does not have a single police commissioner that runs the operation. I suspect that the mayor has appointed a number of police commissioners who perform some advisory role in setting objectives for the PD. For instance in my town the selectmen are the "police commissioners" and serve in that advisory (plus hire/fire) capacity.

I don't care to name-drop (without permission), my intent was only to pass along info (if I get it) to someone who may care enough to "run with it".

·
Registered
456 Posts
Irish Wampanoag said:
Hey LENS,
If you can get a positive to do the training. I will try to get a place here at the college to do the training in.
If I get the info to pass along, I will also pass your offer along. Thanks.

I do want everyone to understand that I have nothing to do with Brockton or its PD. I purposely stay out of that city as much as I possibly can! On the other hand I am a very strong believer in education and do have some friends involved with various PDs that if I find some training that might be of value to them, I will not hesitate to pass the info along to them. That will be my only involvement with Brockton if I get something concrete to pass along.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.