Game of Thrones | MassCops

Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Literature' started by HuskyH-2, Apr 28, 2011.

1. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

Anyone been watching this?

I read the books and its pretty true to the story so far, thinking of grabbing HBO so I can watch at home.

Heres the preview HBO released of the first 15min of the episode.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfu1sEo_FKY"]YouTube - Game of Thrones - Episode 1 "Preview Teaser"[/nomedia]

2. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

As a rule I try to avoid the fantasy stuff. Give me historical stuff (accurate or not, as long as it's based in truth) as a rule, but I was intrigued and, if nothing else, it's HBO so I knew there'd be some sex. Yeah, I'm a pig, I've never denied that.

Ok, back on track, I gave it a shot and it was NOT BAD. That one episode got me hooked. I gotta see how this plays out. I'm also a Mark Addy fan. His work in "The Full Monty" made me like him, but then he was in that "Still Standing" show in CBS. Not a GREAT show, but he made it interesting (and Jamie Gertz is a doll). I can't be sure I'll see it when it's first run, but with the Grace of God and ON DEMAND, I don't intend to miss an episode.

3. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

I read "The audacity of hope" by Barack Hussein Obama and it was the greatest piece of fiction I've read since the Wizard Of Oz.

4. HuskyH-2

Ya its gonna be real good kilv, not your lord of the rings or harry potter type fantasy. Really good stuff, plot hasnt even started moving yet.

Probably going to be my favorite HBO show after the wire.

5. Kilvinsky

One small thing and forgive me if I seem a bit befuddled, but, are the Queen and the guy she's humping SISTER AND BROTHER? I'm just a tad unclear on this.

If "yes", wow, what an INTERESTING plot line.

6. HuskyH-2

they are twins kilv. that fact and issues that stem from it are what drives alot of the plot.

7. Kilvinsky

Thank You Husky! I thought so but wasn't quite sure. You've cleared that up for me.

8. HuskyH-2

You been keeping up with the show kilv?

9. Kilvinsky

I have not missed an episode. Good stuff and just enough twists and turns to really make it interesting.

That Geoffry, Hell, he may be a kid, but I'd like to kick him in the teeth and can't wait until he (Hopefully) gets his come-uppance. (I'm sure I spelled that wrong). He's a little shit to say the least.

10. Herrdoktor

Herrdoktor MassCops Member

Great show

11. HuskyH-2

Haha close joffrey. Ya he's a lil bastard. Him and Sansa are probably my most depised characters in the series.

If your into reading you have to pick up the books. I read Game of thrones about 8 years ago and I havent read its equal yet, as far as sci/fantasy fiction.

12. HuskyH-2

Lol...hater

13. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

looks good. will have to wait until it comes out in a box set.

not paying $100 a month to get HBO :tounge_smile:

14. Kilvinsky

A: I love to read, but limit it almost exclusively to historical non-fiction or Joseph Wambaugh.

B: As for that picture, I think probing her neutral zone might be a risk worth taking!:wink_smile:

15. HuskyH-2

You mean 100$ per year. I got it for 10$ per month added on my regular cable bill.

16. HuskyH-2

What you think of last episodes ending. I knew what happens and it was still a what the fuck moment.

17. Kilvinsky

Finally watched last weeks episode the other night. NEVER expected that to happen, and yet, why wouldn't I? I mean, it all pointed to that happening, but yet....

My prediction: Tyrion will show his true inner character and rebel against that ass of a father of his leading the savages against his father. The Daughter Arya will play a VERY important roll in defeating the Lannisters (not sure what yet) and the other daughter, will continue to be a whiney pain in the ass until either Joffrey has her killed or she commits suicide. Mom will see Robb become King and her goofball sister raped and murdered by her own son when he gets REALLY hungry some day.

That's my over all predictions, but man, there's a HUGE chance I'm wrong!

18. Kilvinsky

Just watched the season finale. REALLY? Didn't it just start? DAMN.

anyway, great way to leave us hanging yet letting us know what's to come. Season two seems so far off.

Then again, it seems like "Boardwalk Empire" has been off for years. These shows take TOO FREAKIN' LONG to go from one season to another!

But I'm looking forward to them.

19. HuskyH-2

I know too quick right kilv. Ending was straight out of the books a little different diaglogue here and there but i like that its really kept the the integrity of the story. Its my favorite ending of most books I've read, after the funeral pyre. Jon over the wall is a pretty bad ass story line next season.

20. GreenMachine

GreenMachine Infidel

how hot was that dragon lady in the fire! - pun intended