Funeral set for Jimmy Dean | MassCops

Funeral set for Jimmy Dean

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Literature' started by kwflatbed, Jun 17, 2010.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Funeral set for Jimmy Dean

A public visitation and an open funeral service for country music legend Jimmy Dean will be held in Richmond.
    Nelson Funeral Home's website says the visitation is scheduled from noon to 8 p.m. June 20 at the funeral home. The funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. June 21 at Grove Avenue Baptist Church, followed by a private interment at Dean's home.
    Dean died Sunday at his home on the James River in Varina. He was 81.
    In February, Dean was elected to the Country Music Hall of Fame. He was to be inducted in October.

Post Now - Funeral set for Jimmy Dean

Singer, sausage businessman Jimmy Dean dies at 81

By DENA POTTER, Associated Press Writer Dena Potter, Associated Press Writer –

RICHMOND, Va. – Jimmy Dean, a country music legend for his smash hit about a workingman hero, "Big Bad John," and an entrepreneur known for his sausage brand, died on Sunday. He was 81.
    His wife, Donna Meade Dean, said her husband died at their Henrico County, Va., home.
    She told The Associated Press that he had some health problems but was still functioning well, so his death came as a shock. She said he was eating in front of the television. She left the room for a time and came back and he was unresponsive. She said he was pronounced dead at 7:54 p.m.
    "He was amazing," she said. "He had a lot of talents."
    Born in 1928, Dean was raised in poverty in Plainview, Texas, and dropped out of high school after the ninth grade. He went on to a successful entertainment career in the 1950s and '60s that included the nationally televised "The Jimmy Dean Show."
    In 1969, Dean went into the sausage business, starting the Jimmy Dean Meat Co. in his hometown. He sold the company to Sara Lee Corp. in 1984.

Singer, sausage businessman Jimmy Dean dies at 81 - Yahoo! News

2. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

Rest in Peace

3. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

I like that he set up his business in his hometown. Get the folks he lived amongst jobs. "PT 109" is a terrific song.

Class act guy, no question in my mind. RIP

4. jedediah1

jedediah1 MassCops Member

the only sausage brand in my stuffing at thanksgiving! RIP

5. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

Poor bastard,should have stayed away from those sausages. RIP