Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
Joined
·
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI: I was on maasgov.com and looking at the 2006 session laws in the Legislative area. A supplemental budget was passed a couple of weeks ago that had 1,800,00.00 in line item 8100-0515. Line item 8100-0515 is a designated line item for RTT funding. It did not have specifics and I believe the 79th RTT was funded in the last budget. Stay tuned.
 

·
Subscribing Member
Joined
·
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Subscribing Member
Joined
·
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gosox said:
Ya, I did read your post. Just saying hope it definitely gets going as nothing is in the 2007 budget.
](*,)
 

·
Subscribing Member
Joined
·
856 Posts
gosox said:
Ya, I did read your post. Just saying hope it definitely gets going as nothing is in the 2007 budget.
that is because he said nothing about 2007 -- what he said deals with a supplemental 2006 budget
 

·
Lemme take a selfie
Joined
·
5,841 Posts
I found what you were looking at Nirtallica... from March 23rd. Nothing is stated under that 8100-0515... just a listing of 1,800,000. Hmmm... seems like a secret squirrel line item...
 

·
BOOM!
Joined
·
1,353 Posts
tazoez said:
here is a question, how much do you think it costs to give an exam
I would think that the costs would be minimal. You have to pay to print and score the exam etc. Pay for the testing sites (Bayside Expo, Worcester Centrum) and then pay for the Troopers to staff the event.

If you think about it, several thousand people will pay $75+ to take this exam, The MSP/HRD or whoever definitely make money on it...........
 
G

·
How much do you think it cost the company who writes the test it cant be chaep the last one had that vidos and such. that must have been expensive
 

·
Subscribing Member
Joined
·
498 Posts
VETTEFAN said:
How much do you think it cost the company who writes the test it cant be chaep the last one had that vidos and such. that must have been expensive
I dont remember how much we paid to take the last one but multiply that by 20,000 test takers.....thats some cash right there
 

·
Needs more complaints
Joined
·
4,309 Posts
I head that the funding for the 80th RTT will come from unlicensed immigrants who SHOW UP to court and pay their fines...
:baaa:
 

·
Lemme take a selfie
Joined
·
5,841 Posts
Tango said:
I dont remember how much we paid to take the last one but multiply that by 20,000 test takers.....thats some cash right there
I think a good portion of it gets used up pretty quickly though. The last test was about $40 I think... it's been 4 years so I'm not 100% sure. 16,000 people took that class. Now they had to rent out the Centrum, and the Bayside Expo center, each of them all day because they each administered 2 exams. I took my exam at the Centrum, there were so many Troopers there they were crawling out of the walls... had to have been at least 30-40 Troopers. Renting each place for the day, plus at least 8 hours of detail money for each Trooper, having an outside company devise the exam, as well as grade 16,000 exams... I wouldn't think the exam is quite the cash cow... but I could be completely wrong.
 

·
Undefined
Joined
·
2,255 Posts
Pvt. Cowboy said:
I think a good portion of it gets used up pretty quickly though. The last test was about $40 I think... it's been 4 years so I'm not 100% sure. 16,000 people took that class. Now they had to rent out the Centrum, and the Bayside Expo center, each of them all day because they each administered 2 exams. I took my exam at the Centrum, there were so many Troopers there they were crawling out of the walls... had to have been at least 30-40 Troopers. Renting each place for the day, plus at least 8 hours of detail money for each Trooper, having an outside company devise the exam, as well as grade 16,000 exams... I wouldn't think the exam is quite the cash cow... but I could be completely wrong.
Pvt.Cowboy, from what I've been told you are absolutely correct. It costs more than we think. I've been told the state breaks even on the exam and if anything its a loss due to ancillary costs. After the exam you have to pay for the PT tests, backrounds, interviews etc.
 

·
Lemme take a selfie
Joined
·
5,841 Posts
Rock said:
Pvt.Cowboy, from what I've been told you are absolutely correct. It costs more than we think. I've been told the state breaks even on the exam and if anything its a loss due to ancillary costs. After the exam you have to pay for the PT tests, backrounds, interviews etc.
Thanks Rock, I thought I was on the ball.
 

·
Subscribing Member
Joined
·
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Check out the Senate Budget for FY2007, 8100-0515.
 

·
Subscribing Member
Joined
·
856 Posts
House 1 New State Police Classes 8100-0515 For the training and related costs of one additional state police class of not more than 150 recruits

FY05 Projected
6,900,000

Spending FY06
4,418,246

i dont see anything about 07 except:
FY07 House 2
0

discontinued appropriation
 

·
Subscribing Member
Joined
·
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
tazoez said:
House 1 New State Police Classes 8100-0515 For the training and related costs of one additional state police class of not more than 150 recruits

FY05 Projected
6,900,000

Spending FY06
4,418,246

i dont see anything about 07 except:
FY07 House 2
0

discontinued appropriation
Did I say the House or SENATE?](*,)
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top