Funding for the 80th RTT | MassCops

Funding for the 80th RTT

Discussion in 'State Police' started by nirtallica, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nirtallica

nirtallica Subscribing Member

FYI: I was on maasgov.com and looking at the 2006 session laws in the Legislative area. A supplemental budget was passed a couple of weeks ago that had 1,800,00.00 in line item 8100-0515. Line item 8100-0515 is a designated line item for RTT funding. It did not have specifics and I believe the 79th RTT was funded in the last budget. Stay tuned.

2. gosox

gosox New Member

3. nirtallica

Okay, did you read my post? Maybe you need to read it again.How do you expect to make through New Braintree?

4. gosox

gosox New Member

Ya, I did read your post. Just saying hope it definitely gets going as nothing is in the 2007 budget.

5. nirtallica

](*,)

6. tazoez

tazoez Subscribing Member

that is because he said nothing about 2007 -- what he said deals with a supplemental 2006 budget

7. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

I found what you were looking at Nirtallica... from March 23rd. Nothing is stated under that 8100-0515... just a listing of 1,800,000. Hmmm... seems like a secret squirrel line item...

8. tazoez

here is a question, how much do you think it costs to give an exam

9. soxrock75

soxrock75 BOOM!

I would think that the costs would be minimal. You have to pay to print and score the exam etc. Pay for the testing sites (Bayside Expo, Worcester Centrum) and then pay for the Troopers to staff the event.

If you think about it, several thousand people will pay $75+ to take this exam, The MSP/HRD or whoever definitely make money on it...........

10. VETTEFAN

VETTEFAN Guest

How much do you think it cost the company who writes the test it cant be chaep the last one had that vidos and such. that must have been expensive

11. Tango

Tango Subscribing Member

I dont remember how much we paid to take the last one but multiply that by 20,000 test takers.....thats some cash right there

12. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

I head that the funding for the 80th RTT will come from unlicensed immigrants who SHOW UP to court and pay their fines...
    :baaa:

13. Pvt. Cowboy

I think a good portion of it gets used up pretty quickly though. The last test was about $40 I think... it's been 4 years so I'm not 100% sure. 16,000 people took that class. Now they had to rent out the Centrum, and the Bayside Expo center, each of them all day because they each administered 2 exams. I took my exam at the Centrum, there were so many Troopers there they were crawling out of the walls... had to have been at least 30-40 Troopers. Renting each place for the day, plus at least 8 hours of detail money for each Trooper, having an outside company devise the exam, as well as grade 16,000 exams... I wouldn't think the exam is quite the cash cow... but I could be completely wrong.

14. Rock

Rock Undefined

Pvt.Cowboy, from what I've been told you are absolutely correct. It costs more than we think. I've been told the state breaks even on the exam and if anything its a loss due to ancillary costs. After the exam you have to pay for the PT tests, backrounds, interviews etc.

15. Pvt. Cowboy

Thanks Rock, I thought I was on the ball.

16. graveyardsleeper

graveyardsleeper New Member

Anyone else hear of the possibility of running a small class of about 100 recruits with the people who didn't get into the 79th.

17. nirtallica

Check out the Senate Budget for FY2007, 8100-0515.

18. tazoez

House 1 New State Police Classes 8100-0515 For the training and related costs of one additional state police class of not more than 150 recruits

FY05 Projected

Spending FY06

i dont see anything about 07 except:
    FY07 House 2

discontinued appropriation

19. nirtallica

Did I say the House or SENATE?](*,)

20. tazoez

LOL, oops

I just searched for 8100-0515 at the mass.gov website

21. tazoez

Massachusetts State Police

To complete the Commonwealth’s three year strategic plan to maximize troop strength, the recommendations include $1.2 million in funding for a new State Police maintenance class. Knowing that gang violence is a growing concern, the Committee has also included $1.05 million to combat this serious problem in some of our neediest communities.

22. 2-Delta

2-Delta New Member

Academies used to be $3 million each...Is it less now that recruits dont spend weekends there?

23. tazoez

i finally found what exactly was being talked about -- took me long enough geez :

8100-0515 For the training and related costs of a state police troop maintenance class; provided, that the maintenance class size shall not exceed the number of state police troopers who have retired in the previous fiscal year; and provided further that the department shall submit a report no later than February 1, 2007 to the joint committee on public safety and the house and senate committees on ways and means describing: (a) the number of state troopers who retired in the preceding fiscal year and the number of years in which those retirees have served; (b) the number of retirements anticipated during the current fiscal year and the number of years in which those retirees have served; (c) the number of candidates who entered the class funded in this item; (d) the number of candidates who completed training at the state police academy; and (e) the anticipated impact on state police overtime in both the current and subsequent fiscal years...................................................................................................................................... $1,241,283

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.