Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone has sponsered themselves for the full-time academy and explain how the process works. Thanks!

·
Subscribing Member
1,170 Posts
It's the same regime that is responsible for not allowing campus officers in the municipal academies or to attend their in-service training. Hmmm....I can see the connection...... :roll:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I currently know of 2 people who are not hired by a department and pwying their own way through the academy. I can find out what they did. They are technically self sponsors. The chief of a department has to agree to sponsor you, but you have to flip the bill for EVERYTHING. They have to buy ammo, gun belts, body armor,etc. You name it they have to eat the cost of it. The department "sponsoring" them may offer to help with some issues, but not required.

·
Subscribing Member
4,377 Posts
They adopted the same Rules and Regs as MPTC to keep up their certification and compliance for their curriculum.

·
Registered
1 Posts
FYI.... I am currently in the Boylston 14th MPOC and we have 3 self-sponsors in the class, so apparently they still can get in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts