Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Methuen Police Department, in conjunction with Northern Essex Community College, has scheduled their second Academy class to begin on September 28, 2015. Classes will be held at the Northern Essex Community College campus in Haverhill, MA. Self-Sponsors are welcome to apply. Individuals who qualify for the GI Bill are eligible to receive benefits during the Academy.

Contact [email protected] for more information.

Crest Badge Emblem Symbol Font

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
The Methuen Police Department, in conjunction with Northern Essex Community College, has scheduled their second Academy class to begin on September 28, 2015. Classes will be held at the Northern Essex Community College campus in Haverhill, MA. Self-Sponsors are welcome to apply. Individuals who qualify for the GI Bill are eligible to receive benefits during the Academy.

Contact [email protected] for more information.

View attachment 4074
Is this connected to the Lowell Academy, going by the insignia?

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,877 Posts
WHOA!!!!! VET's/ VA Voc Rehabber's and Rich Whackers APPLY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is an MPTC approved full time academy on the NECC Haverhill Campus.

Yes, a chief will still need to sign off on all applicants, essentially agreeing to support the Student Officer during the Academy with firearms, cruiser during EVOC, etc... Self sponsors will be required to complete the standard psychological exam in addition to the medical exam and PAT.

I don't have all of the details but I believe NECC may be able to award college credits from that academy towards an Associates Degree in Criminal Justice at NECC. That is something that they were trying to institute with the program. I'll obtain more information on it and post here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.