Full Time Academy at Northern Essex Community College | MassCops

Full Time Academy at Northern Essex Community College

Discussion in 'MPTC' started by MPD133, Aug 26, 2015.

1. MPD133

MPD133 MassCops Member

The Methuen Police Department, in conjunction with Northern Essex Community College, has scheduled their second Academy class to begin on September 28, 2015. Classes will be held at the Northern Essex Community College campus in Haverhill, MA. Self-Sponsors are welcome to apply. Individuals who qualify for the GI Bill are eligible to receive benefits during the Academy.

Contact [email protected] for more information.

NECC Methuen Police Academy Patch (240x205).jpg

2. Bloodhound

Bloodhound MassCops Member

Is this connected to the Lowell Academy, going by the insignia?

3. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

WHOA!!!!! VET's/ VA Voc Rehabber's and Rich Whackers APPLY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

4. MPD133

MPD133 MassCops Member

There are a few people who were involved in the Lowell Academy who are working with the NECC/Methuen Academy.

5. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Do I understand this correctly?

The college has a full-time MPTC academy on campus, that allows self sponsoring and yields a full-time cert? Does a chief need to sign off on the applicant?

6. MPD133

MPD133 MassCops Member

This is an MPTC approved full time academy on the NECC Haverhill Campus.

Yes, a chief will still need to sign off on all applicants, essentially agreeing to support the Student Officer during the Academy with firearms, cruiser during EVOC, etc... Self sponsors will be required to complete the standard psychological exam in addition to the medical exam and PAT.

I don't have all of the details but I believe NECC may be able to award college credits from that academy towards an Associates Degree in Criminal Justice at NECC. That is something that they were trying to institute with the program. I'll obtain more information on it and post here.

Pvt. Cowboy likes this.
  7. heatseeker

heatseeker MassCops Member

We had recruits in the first class that graduated in the spring. They were supposed to go to Boylston then NECCO opened this up.

8. felony

felony MassCops Member

The way of the future. One less MPTC operated academy.

9X19 likes this.